PDA

View Full Version : F13 gearbox

leggattr
29-03-14, 08:29 PM
Just curious about the possibility of this fitting to a standard 13sb that has a f10 5 speed as standard?
i see people do this but is it a straight fit or do adjustments need making? Also what's the benefit to it? I only ask as one has come up local and is still pretty cheap. It's from a w reg corsa that has a electronic speedo so will that cause issues too?

mowgli
29-03-14, 08:32 PM
if its a CR box, then obviously the lower gearing will be useful, if it is a WR box then there is no benefit. the box will be a straight fit. the lack of a speedo drive is a problem, but you could swap the innards over into your f10 casing. you just need to swap the output gear to the diff over, a circlip plier & a puller is all that is needed.

leggattr
29-03-14, 08:39 PM
From a picture iv seen it's already had the electronic speedo sensor removed, is it not a case of removing my current one and bolting it into the new one?

mowgli
29-03-14, 08:51 PM
tbh, I can't remember. anyway, what is wrong with your current box? and do you know what diff/ ratios both boxes have?

dionbee
29-03-14, 09:09 PM
Boxes will be straight fit, if your diff is nothing special / standard just take cluster out of your f13 and place it in the current box (changing the pinion to match) and you can keep your own diff and standard speedo ring

Hope thats not too confusing!

Dion

leggattr
29-03-14, 09:11 PM
Nothing wrong with mine, just as it was cheap and 10mins away thought I'd see if it was worth having. Boxes are not strong point.