PDA

View Full Version : What compressor

Scottcooper85
27-03-14, 03:40 PM
Further to comments on another post I thought if start a proper one rather then clog that one up.
going to buy a compressor next week to undercoat my chassis, spray tank, blow up sex dolls,etc but was wondering what I should be looking for? What size reciever and flow rate etc should I be looking for? I don't want to go too daft price wise so just want it to be good enough for the above and maybe to run impact guns and such.

dgbnova#1
27-03-14, 04:06 PM
Workshop based 100L min 120 psi for air tools I've an sip and fiac ones fiac are spot on get cast iorn if you can and look on eBay always some on there plus there a pain to move making ones that are a distance a bargain to buy

8valve-craig
27-03-14, 04:24 PM
As above. Mine is 100ltr / 14cfm. Stone chipped my nova shell recently at 4-BAR and it only cut in maybe 3 times.

Its direct drive so a touch noisy, but that doesn't bother me or anyone else. If its home use and you have neighbours maybe consider something quieter though.

Scottcooper85
27-03-14, 04:26 PM
Thanks I'll take a look, I'm going to the local auto jumble next week too and there's always a few about there so I'm going to keep my eyes peeled. Does what hp the motor is matter was thinking of looking between 1.5 & 2hp.

dgbnova#1
27-03-14, 04:28 PM
Only to overall use any more than 2 hp would put a strain on 13a supply anyway but if ure just hobby use then 1.5. - 2 hp is plenty

Scottcooper85
27-03-14, 04:45 PM
Sound it should keep me entertained for a while or at least until I've sprayed everything metal in the house and garden lol

richi
27-03-14, 05:55 PM
You find a lot of good ones for sale on eBay pal, I got a older looking one 150 ltr big boy for 150 and it's a beast