PDA

View Full Version : Angle of Floorpan/bulkhead required

novarally
24-03-14, 07:44 PM
A strange request, but I just wondered if anyone knows (accurately!), the angle of the floorpan where it slopes up to the bulkhead, behind the pedal box?

I doubt anyone's going to have it to hand, but if there's someone with an inclinometer (or similar) who can measure it I'd be most grateful.

I reckon by eye it's maybe 40-45 degrees, but I'd like to be certain.

Mike
24-03-14, 07:46 PM
Could use a slide rule if you got one knocking about? Or know any carpenters you could borrow one off etc.

bazzap8389
24-03-14, 07:51 PM
Not sure if you have an iPhone or anything Colin but I have a spirit level app on my phone that tells you any angle you put the phone against and it's very accurate.

novarally
24-03-14, 07:58 PM
Not sure if you have an iPhone or anything Colin but I have a spirit level app on my phone that tells you any angle you put the phone against and it's very accurate.

Genius, thank-you.

Unfortunately I don't have an iPhone, and I don't think anyone I know has!

So, anyone who has an iPhone with the relevant app and a Nova, please get measuring for me.

bazzap8389
24-03-14, 08:32 PM
I think I'll be going to see my car on Wednesday so if you don't already have the angle I'll get it for you.

novarally
24-03-14, 08:39 PM
I think I'll be going to see my car on Wednesday so if you don't already have the angle I'll get it for you.

Thank-you, that would be great.

dgbnova#1
24-03-14, 09:01 PM
I will try tomorrow for you I take it it's for pedal assembly I could template it and get some measurements of it easy to measure the angle then

Benn
25-03-14, 10:28 AM
Colin, you can get the angle app for every smart phone. Bloody handy tool. I have it on my HTC.

8valve-craig
25-03-14, 10:36 AM
I call it 42deg

Thats the first incline from floor to the lower seam, before it gets a lot steeper.

novarally
25-03-14, 01:06 PM
I call it 42deg

Thats the first incline from floor to the lower seam, before it gets a lot steeper.

Thanks, that's what I need.

Yes, it's for mounting the new pedal box, I've ordered one from Seward Race Parts, which I hope will address all my legroom problems, and save weight as well. Plus it looks really trick.