PDA

View Full Version : Track day and rally nova

mr5050
19-03-14, 03:26 PM
So I've got a nice bare shell' had it for years , slightly lightened bit of seem welding
Not much rust etc. A friend and I want to build road legal track cars but we've always been keen on rallying but time and money have always been against us. Would it be possible to build a car that could qualify for both ? Ie msa log book etc

Sort of thinking you have one or the other and I have searched but I've struggled to find anyone who's done something similar ? Would like it to be road legal as well just to make thins more interesting

Can anyone shed some light on this
thanks

philip
19-03-14, 04:37 PM
If you had a certed cage, custom cage, saftey devices, omp, etc, dated seats, harnesses extinguishers etc so build as a rally car. Worse case is change of wheels/tyres, different springs/shocks maybe. Few bolt on bits so shouldnt have a problem doing both. Id say you are better building to msa spec.

Engine size may be the only ballache. Deciding what class too rally in and spec of engine.

mr5050
19-03-14, 07:20 PM
Yes im sure there's a reason why you don't see many rally cars at a track day, I think it's a type of hobby that requires 100% dedication , think I'll just go for an all out track car tbh, probably a cheaper build as well.

phunkynova
20-03-14, 05:19 AM
The reason you do not see many rally cars on track days is easy it cost a lot of money to go rallying and normally there is no money left to do track days, plus for a lot of rally drivers track days are just not so exciting or adrenalin filled as doing a rally.