PDA

View Full Version : Heated windscreen

Plug
18-03-14, 12:36 AM
Right im unhappy as my windscreen decided to smash for no reason other than finding a hockey ball in the garden !!!

Well im pissed as it was the original screen. in an antibes shell, am i right in saying the its got a bronze tint on the windscreen aswell as the top tint swear it does.

Anyway seeing as i need a new one im after a Heated front screen,

Also what else will be needed in form of connecting it up guessing it works off some sort of relay or is it simply off a switch?

One other anyone know anyone who sells the heated screens as if i remember correctly it was a group buy wasnt it?

Cheers in advance Plug

dgbnova#1
18-03-14, 08:48 AM
Someone asked this a few weeks ago and think Bazzap put a link on there to someone selling them around £180 I think and your correct on the Antibes screen spec also have a search should come up with the thread

Scottcooper85
18-03-14, 09:11 AM
Demon tweeks have them in for just over £200

Benn
18-03-14, 10:52 AM
I wired mine up thru a relay to the light panel on the dash, filled the hole out and fitted a foglight switch(needs to be a on/off switch, not a timered one) but with a Cav screen top cover. So it looks like a heated screen button.
Works fantastic! Clears the screen in 30sec ish...

Jack
18-03-14, 12:08 PM
Think mine runs off two relays, that was from a group buy from Ricky Evans - he sells them at £195 +vat. http://www.heatedwindscreen.com/acatalog/vauxall-heated-windscreens.html

Its not worked properly for a LONG time though, hopefully its just the relay/s that have crapped out

Plug
23-03-14, 07:12 AM
cheers for all your help people i'll get one ordered up pretty sharpish,

Do you reckon combe will stop me going out with a cracked windscreen?

Alex J
23-03-14, 07:57 AM
whats the point of a heated windscreen lol

Plug
23-03-14, 08:24 AM
well im taking my heater matrix out, so incase of a frosty morning, i can de-frost the screen so i can see, Lazy man style

mk1nova_rich
23-03-14, 09:44 AM
Don't forget to find another way of increasing your cooling system capacity if you remove the matrix, especially in a track car :)

Plug
23-03-14, 11:42 AM
ive got a dirty gert alloy rad up front, should be more than capable of cooling the let down, never had the heater on in the nova as the fan motor never worked ;)

peter gsi
23-03-14, 10:48 PM
im up for group bye thinking for this for my gsi

Plug
23-03-14, 10:54 PM
the group buy was done a couple years ago now mate,

Just finding out where they was from,

dgbnova#1
23-03-14, 11:21 PM
Well if another buy was on I will prob be interested

Alex J
24-03-14, 07:37 AM
Don't forget to find another way of increasing your cooling system capacity if you remove the matrix, especially in a track car :)very true! lowers the temps alot in mine and i have an alloy rad

plug, keep the heater matrix trust me!!

Benn
24-03-14, 10:44 AM
cheers for all your help people i'll get one ordered up pretty sharpish,

Do you reckon combe will stop me going out with a cracked windscreen?

No ones ever checked me car over...

Edd
24-03-14, 01:23 PM
Anyone got a link for a wiring diagram for the heated screen? I fitted it but have never wired it in lol

Plug
25-03-14, 05:25 PM
fancy selling it edd before you do heres a diagram mind,
http://www.heatedwindscreen.com/acatalog/Windscreen-Wiring-Diagram.gif

Right well whos another of the original few with the top tints? anyone not fitted theres yet and fancy parting with? Dont want a clear one,

Worst comes to worst i've found a heated windscreen manufacturer, foreign and getting a definite answer is proving hard at the moment,but they have said they know what the car is and they can do the top tint, im trying to get a bronze tinted glass from them, i'll be sending a spare bronze side light ive got in the garage

Benn, thats good news then i couldnt remember if it was just a sound check or a check over aswell lol

very true! lowers the temps alot in mine and i have an alloy rad

plug, keep the heater matrix trust me!!

You sure ? like i said ive never had a fan blowing at the matrix before as that packed in before i got it, never really had a problem with temps, but my fan does come on with ignition and its got a cool running stat in it, nice bit of scrap that matrix haha

Jack
26-03-14, 12:17 PM
Bear in mind you might need two of those relay setups, the windscreen might have dual elements (mind did. Not that it helped, as neither of them work lol)

Benn
26-03-14, 12:36 PM
Mines has the two relay set up as the screen is dual circuit thing.