PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got a Helix Clutch on a F13 Box?

NovaNeil
09-09-03, 12:43 PM
Just wondering what its like? ie: The feel of it (is it heavy) and if theres any slip.
Because I've just ordered one for mine, because the black diamond one im running at the moment slips like a b*tch after 155lb's ft Torque.

Did you know black diamond clutchs are second hand units refurbished! And some times they don't even uprate the clutch springs!!! Just put the standard ones back in.

Stuart
09-09-03, 04:22 PM
i belive dan has a helix paddle clutch, its funny as the peddle feels much lighter than std ones :)

seems pretty good, although i only drove a little way in it lol

Dan
09-09-03, 09:06 PM
as cambridge says the pedal (learn to spell posh boy :wink: ) on mine is lighter than standard, you can pull of gently as it is a sprung paddle but still must try to never ride it like a normal one. As for bite lol, mine has had some hammer and has never even attempted to slip. esp as i went the same route as yourself and found my old uprated one couldnt hack it.

personally its the best move i made.

NovaNeil
10-09-03, 12:20 PM
Which Plate have you got in yours Dan? I've opted for the Organic one as i've been warned the Ceramic one would be too "on/off".
Im glad someones recomended it! as i've never heard any reviews about them before.

Dicko
10-09-03, 12:25 PM
it might be the ceramic as uv refered to but other people i know have said there great until your stuck in a trafic jam and try to move slowly :twisted:

CP
10-09-03, 01:55 PM
:P lol nearly toasted my clutch before we even got there :roll:

I've got helix uprated clutch ( not man enough to go for a paddle lol)
GpN organic plate - GpA outer. The springs are quite a bit bigger