PDA

View Full Version : EP3 or XE nova

turbojolt
14-03-14, 10:46 PM
seen as civic type r's are becoming cheaper and cheaper(as are many other modern hot hatches). what would you rather spend 2k on tuning your std nova or just buying a civic and having done with it............?

EP3- 0-60 in 6 odd seconds and 140 +mph.........looks like the 'novas are cheap to mod and make quick' argument is becoming weak now...

opinions/thoughts?

dgbnova#1
14-03-14, 11:08 PM
Not really in the same boat I'd say type Rs are a better car but Novas are classics now so it's as allwas down to personal preference

Benn
15-03-14, 08:30 AM
I find unless its a type R then the rest look a bit dull.
Guy next door has a older type R, jap import in white. But it just looks dull. Goes well, but meh.

Lee H
15-03-14, 08:53 AM
EP3 all day long but I'm probably biased. Don't rust, go round corners, reliable, loads of parts availability.

Mine had a few engine mods and was quicker than stripped XE Nova's while still having air con, carpets seats etc. strange really as we all know an XE Nova is the quickest car ever made!

Johnny A
15-03-14, 09:45 AM
You see a civic typeR on the road:
http://static.planetminecraft.com/files/resource_media/screenshot/1316/tricko-bored-face-meme-full_5294333_thumb.jpg

You see XE Nova on the road:
http://www.wordans.ca/wvc-1334521124/wordansfiles/images/2012/4/15/137991/137991_340.jpg

turbojolt
15-03-14, 01:06 PM
EP3 all day long but I'm probably biased. Don't rust, go round corners, reliable, loads of parts availability.

Mine had a few engine mods and was quicker than stripped XE Nova's while still having air con, carpets seats etc. strange really as we all know an XE Nova is the quickest car ever made!

seems as you have owned one what are they truly like to live with drive every day and mpg wise? ive read the figures but they never tell the real story

if I get this new job im going for im seriously thinking about buying one as a car to get the misses to work during the week and for me to have fun with on the weekend

mrT
15-03-14, 01:22 PM
seems as you have owned one what are they truly like to live with drive every day and mpg wise? ive read the figures but they never tell the real story

if I get this new job im going for im seriously thinking about buying one as a car to get the misses to work during the week and for me to have fun with on the weekend

you'll need around 3k to get a half decent one, but as said above, if you buy a decent one then there pretty good out the box, expensive to modify so keep that in mind also, very comfortable to drive and you'll get around 30 to 35mpg, if i was to spend that money on a car and you want a bit of performance, then a ep3 is definatly what you want, another bonus is they don't rust either :thumb:

scott.parker
15-03-14, 01:40 PM
Random reply...
Not looked at car prices for a bit, but i did look at the civics once but i couldn't justify spending out on one at the time..

Now heres a genuine reply, ages back i whent up against a few type R's with my standard xe nova, and i was quicker, a car that did surprise me and would be cheap (but not sure on reliability) was a 206 gti 180 edition, it was quicker of the mark and i struggled to catch it!.. Would of been dusted by my old track car lol

Lee H
15-03-14, 02:00 PM
We've still got ours, its on 129k now and all I do is change the oil once a year. Never had to replace anything else and its still clocking up 250 miles a week. Mpg isn't great, we get around 28mpg but in traffic all the time. Used to get better mpg when it was modded to 250bhp believe it or not.

I see it as the fuel cost is offset by not having to fix it every weekend.

turbojolt
15-03-14, 06:55 PM
they sound the mutts nuts might have to get one and test the water for a few months....off to open a savings account named civic :)

Lee H
15-03-14, 09:23 PM
Mine in its better days.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z163/Lee_H25/1e491834.jpg

turbojolt
15-03-14, 09:27 PM
does yours have air con?

if I manage to buy one I don't think I would bother modding it will just keep it well serviced and on good rubber etc... from what I have read and seen if you want to go power figure hunting there are better options, but for out of the box all round fun these seem to be KING!

Andy
15-03-14, 09:43 PM
Great cars,a lad I used to work with had one,he drove all the way to castle combe from scarborough,brayed it round the track and drove home with no problems.
Not many cars take abuse like that and then take you home.

Lee H
15-03-14, 09:47 PM
Yes, aircon was a £1k option when new. I wouldn't consider one that didn't have it although most I've seen do have it.

The decent mods are cheap second hand. I sold the parts that gained me over 50bhp for just over £1k when I stripped it.

novag51
16-03-14, 07:30 AM
My wife has a ctr, I really like it. Pulls well, sounds well and you can throw it about. I had a red top nova yrs ago and it was disgusting. Not a nice drive at all. Don't think I'd have another tbh

Andy
16-03-14, 08:00 AM
I had a red top nova yrs ago and it was disgusting
lol lol lol

Connor
16-03-14, 08:57 AM
No comparison really, the nova is an old classic rot box with an engine that wasn't designed for it up the front.
Civic is a refined modern sports hatch with all the mod cons and handle very well. Depends on what floats your boat I suppose. For 2k I wouldn't bother looking at ep3's I'd be looking at 172 cups or a 182 imo

Johnny A
16-03-14, 12:01 PM
. I had a red top nova yrs ago and it was disgusting. Not a nice drive at all. Don't think I'd have another tbh

Wasn't built correctly then

brainsnova
16-03-14, 12:20 PM
You want a black ep3 and the car was already designed to take 199bhp lol

dgbnova#1
16-03-14, 12:25 PM
I had a red top nova yrs ago and it was disgusting. Not a nice drive at all. Don't think I'd have another tbh
Well if it was built by a moron then prob was crap if it's done properly there a weapon of choice but if your that deacused why buy another nova FFS lol
I've driven a fully moded ep3 awesome car also driven many sorted xe Novas so got a good idea tbh it's speculative

Rob H
16-03-14, 12:39 PM
Xe nova all day! type-r's are massively overrated and they ain't even quick or particularly good at handling, i used to play with my mates in my lightly moddified clio 172 cup so much so that he sold it after a month to get a s2000 and that could only just pull ahead. Vtec is like 6k's worth of turbo lag but without the boost lol.

Mike
16-03-14, 07:48 PM
I out paced a Nova SR in a 1.0 12v Corsa B in a straight line. So your argument is invalid^.

Anyway, standard for standard Id go...

EP3 > 182 > 172 > Reliant Kitten > Austin Allegro > Tri cycle > Nova.

In that order.

turbojolt
16-03-14, 08:02 PM
Xe nova all day! type-r's are massively overrated and they ain't even quick or particularly good at handling, i used to play with my mates in my lightly moddified clio 172 cup so much so that he sold it after a month to get a s2000 and that could only just pull ahead. Vtec is like 6k's worth of turbo lag but without the boost lol.

you have to be the first person i have ever seen/heared saying a ep3 isnt a good handling car lol

Mike
16-03-14, 08:12 PM
you have to be the first person i have ever seen/heared saying a ep3 isnt a good handling car lol

What he also fails to reliase is VTEC is just Hondas name for a mechanical asset that is used on MANY other cars...Toyota has VVTi, Porsche has Vario CamPlus etc etc.

But alas, shoving a 25 year old motor into an antique chassis is obviously going to be more refined then any new millennium machinery. Not to mention faster, cheaper, easier, more convinent, safer etc etc.

Fcuk, my diesel barge would probably out pace a Nova with an XE motor for ultimate straight line speed FFS. Who gives a flying fuk.

Mike
16-03-14, 08:29 PM
Anyway, If you want a good fun car, and can stretch to the money higher, look at a Toyota Corolla TTE. 1.8 Supercharged, 6 spd manual, 215bhp as standard. Rare as a 10 second donkey mind.

turbojolt
16-03-14, 08:34 PM
think 2.5 k will be my upper limit just want to buy it abuse it on some trackdays etc.. and then sell it on and try out something different again. rather then buying cars and becoming attached to them and never wanting to sell up lol

Connor
16-03-14, 09:53 PM
People that compare races, I beat my mates cossy in my 106 etc, a lot pays down to driver ability, I know people that have very fast cars yet they would get embarrassed by a Chevrolet matiz down the lanes as they are
1. Too scared of writing their car off so don't push it to it's limit, whilst the 106 driver will be driving the poor thing beyond it's limit.
2. Can't drive (lack of experience and skill)

Personally if there was an 2.5k ep3 and a 2.5k xe nova, I'd go for the ep3 just as I believe they are a more refined car and more designed to take the power and suit my driving style. However I know plenty of my mates would pick the nova partly for nostalgic reasons, and secondly for raw driving experience.
My 2 pence worth anyways...

Lee H
16-03-14, 09:54 PM
The irony of someone with a LET Nova (guessing from username) saying an EP3 doesn't handle.....

I've had both and I know which I'd rather go round a corner at any sort of speed in.

Some EP3's are running 600bhp plus now and have a standard shell, no seam welding in sight. Obviously a big block in a floppy Nova shell is for superior in the corners though, goes without saying really.

millworm
16-03-14, 10:08 PM
Since they came down in price they're everywhere near me so would rock an xe nova all day long, not a massive fan of jap crap anyway apart from early stuff

brainsnova
16-03-14, 10:29 PM
What about ep3 or 911 lol

turbojolt
16-03-14, 10:45 PM
What about ep3 or 911 lol

the money side of this is what i was getting at. it would cost around the same to xe a nova to a half decent standard as it would to buy a ctr..........that argument don't work with a ep3 and a 911 lol

brainsnova
16-03-14, 10:49 PM
Sorry I meant boxster also around the same money as ep3/nova

turbojolt
16-03-14, 10:57 PM
never seen a boxster for that kind of money, I looked at them a while back and the running/servicing costs were bloody stupid!

dgbnova#1
16-03-14, 11:13 PM
Plus you look like a hairdresser in a boxer lol

scott.parker
16-03-14, 11:42 PM
You've got the answers you need, all the bull**** is now irrelevant... Blah blah blah..

brainsnova
17-03-14, 12:05 AM
Plus you look like a hairdresser in a boxer lol

Boxers are for men, y fronts are for queers

novag51
17-03-14, 06:29 AM
Well if it was built by a moron then prob was crap if it's done properly there a weapon of choice but if your that deacused why buy another nova FFS lol
I've driven a fully moded ep3 awesome car also driven many sorted xe Novas so got a good idea tbh it's speculative

its the nova bug! And there ain't much torque steer in a 1.3lol

novag51
17-03-14, 06:30 AM
Wasn't built correctly then

defenatly wasn't!!

Maddukeman
17-03-14, 09:04 AM
Never had a honda (car ) , ( had a blade didn't like ! ) don't look twice, see nova's I stalk them ! Go with the fun factor only live once !

Mike
17-03-14, 07:17 PM
Boxers are for men, y fronts are for queers

Boxsters are actually very well handling cars! Missus dad has had two from new, a Boxster an then sold that for a Boxster S when that come out. Only cars he every regrets selling apparently.

Saying that he has owned a LOT of Porsches so he may be biased lol

brainsnova
18-03-14, 12:17 AM
I agree the boxster does handle after all it's designed by Porsche :thumb:

Mieran
18-03-14, 01:06 AM
For a toy deffo Nova, for a daily has to be Civic.

And just to piss off the haters, here is a video of my Nova over taking 2 EP3s:

http://youtu.be/7wCzPoL9OcM?t=5m28s

http://youtu.be/7wCzPoL9OcM?t=2m11s

Edd
18-03-14, 01:26 AM
Nonsense comparison

grooge
18-03-14, 11:58 AM
We've still got ours, its on 129k now and all I do is change the oil once a year. Never had to replace anything else and its still clocking up 250 miles a week. Mpg isn't great, we get around 28mpg but in traffic all the time. Used to get better mpg when it was modded to 250bhp believe it or not.

I see it as the fuel cost is offset by not having to fix it every weekend.

what did you do to it to get it to 250bhp? thinking of buying one as a new daily so intersted in how easy it is to tune them

Jack
18-03-14, 12:26 PM
206 gti 180
They're turd. Not so bad in a straight line but handle worse than a V6 nova lol My sister had one, it was marginally slower than my mate's GTi-6 until we got to a corner, at which point you may as well have just got out the 180 and walked :tard:

Toyota has VVTi
VVTLi :p

Thinking of that, what about a celica 190, proper hairdresser machine lol Then whack a supercharger on it :d

Lee H
18-03-14, 01:43 PM
what did you do to it to get it to 250bhp? thinking of buying one as a new daily so intersted in how easy it is to tune them

Toda exhaust manifold
Kakimoto exhaust
RBC inlet manifold
Gruppe M intake
Hondata K100 ECU

Mapped by TDI North.

Seen as we are doing standard engine vs engine conversion comparisons which are always so fair is there any Nova 1.6's in the uk running 10's and 11's on the 1/4?

Maddukeman
18-03-14, 02:00 PM
My mate works on mowers , if u don't service them Hondas with expensive parts ( he says ) they go boom !, I'd get a Mk 4 astra of a Granny :thumb:

Rob H
18-03-14, 02:38 PM
I out paced a Nova SR in a 1.0 12v Corsa B in a straight line. So your argument is invalid^.

Anyway, standard for standard Id go...

EP3 > 182 > 172 > Reliant Kitten > Austin Allegro > Tri cycle > Nova.

In that order.

The ph1 172 and 172 cup are both proven better cars than the 182 and all 3 are better than ep3 as a drivers car. The ep3 lacks in steering feedback, is to big to be considered a true hot hatch imo and really struggles in the real tight twisties, It also has absolutely zero torque which makes it very underwhelming to drive day to day, how often are you spanking it at 8k?

What he also fails to reliase is VTEC is just Hondas name for a mechanical asset that is used on MANY other cars...Toyota has VVTi, Porsche has Vario CamPlus etc etc.

But alas, shoving a 25 year old motor into an antique chassis is obviously going to be more refined then any new millennium machinery. Not to mention faster, cheaper, easier, more convinent, safer etc etc.

Fcuk, my diesel barge would probably out pace a Nova with an XE motor for ultimate straight line speed FFS. Who gives a flying fuk.

If you read my post mate you'd have seen i never once said a nova was any of the things you listed. I simply said id much rather have a nova xe than a ep3 and that if your wanting a ep3 you should look elsewhere as they really are pretty poor compared to what you could get from that class/budget. I have a nova because i enjoy the raw driving experience and the smile it puts on my face and generally prefer older cars. Much like i prefer rolling stones/zeplin etc etc where as you like bieber and 1 direction. DIfferent strokes and all that mate, if you wanna go jump on the ep3 fanboy train be my guest lol, the op asked for opinions i gave mine, you clearly couldnt handle it lol.

The irony of someone with a LET Nova (guessing from username) saying an EP3 doesn't handle.....

I've had both and I know which I'd rather go round a corner at any sort of speed in.

Some EP3's are running 600bhp plus now and have a standard shell, no seam welding in sight. Obviously a big block in a floppy Nova shell is for superior in the corners though, goes without saying really.

Lol i never said a nova handles better than a ep3 it obviously doesn't after all a shopping trolley goes round corners better than a nova. Much like my mate above, you need to learn to read a post before commenting.

Maddukeman
18-03-14, 02:48 PM
The fun factor, spend it on nova.

Shopping Trolleys :)

Lee H
18-03-14, 03:02 PM
Clio 148ft/lb
XE whatever 145ft/lb
EP3 143ft/lb..... Must be wrong though as it absolutely zero according to c20let rob.

turbojolt
18-03-14, 03:22 PM
what do they have electric powersteering?

Stuart
18-03-14, 03:32 PM
I found to make my 182 'move' with any form of pace, I had to rev the tits off it.... Granted that was fun but its not what I'd call friendly lol

TJ, try and drive all of these stupid stupid cars, they will make you giggle in one way or another. Imho the currently piss cheap crop of 2000-2005/6 2.0 hot hatches* are all much of a muchness and its just down to what you dislike about one rather than like about a particular one.

*hot hatch is an odd definition of these huge beasts.

turbojolt
18-03-14, 03:46 PM
that's the plan stuart use, abuse and sell on

Connor
18-03-14, 03:50 PM
I can't knock my old 172 cup. Did exactly what i wanted, fast and handled very well with the tyre and suspension combo i had, only thing i would change is to have full interior as my fixed buckets and harnesses became a chore for a daily. So much car for the money imo! I miss it the most fun car i have had to date! :(
https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/1476254_10152079155824926_1003974752_n.jpg

scott.parker
18-03-14, 05:54 PM
The only issues i see is... All the civics worth buying eg not thrashed to death already, will be too expensive...
Any clio will be the same, there all sutch common new gen boyracer cars that your probably going to find a better condition saxo vts/106 gti lol

Adam
18-03-14, 08:12 PM
It dont matter if the civic is thrashed to death though. They just dont seem to break...
Clio's love gearboxes.

And yeah the Vtec no torque thing is becoming a major bore, it makes the same torque as other 2L NA engines, just at higher revs.
You're driving a NA 4pot engine anyway, its never going give 200lb/ft at 2000rpm lol

pie
18-03-14, 09:48 PM
cant knock the v tec thing lol my dc2 integra surprised me !!

phunkynova
18-03-14, 09:53 PM
TJ asking other people about their opinion what car you should have just is not going to work as they can only give what they would like, not what you should have and people saying that this car is better because they out drove a better so called car means nothing it just means that the faster car had a better driver ie one day I was sat in a bog standard Renault 5 Campus with a driver i used to do rallys with on a back country road and a Audi Quattro ur came up hard behind us so my drive put his foot down we left the Audi dead on the twisty bits and he came back to us on the straights SO no a Renault 5 campus is not faster than a Quattro ur it just had a better driver so the **** about I left a ****** in 1.1 ***** is bull. I have beaten Evo's and Subaru's in my 1.4 Nova BUT IT IS NOT FASTER THAN THAN THESE CARS is just they had bad drivers. Buy what make YOU smile the most END.:)

turbojolt
18-03-14, 10:03 PM
TJ asking other people about their opinion what car you should have just is not going to work as they can only give what they would like, not what you should have and people saying that this car is better because they out drove a better so called car means nothing it just means that the faster car had a better driver ie one day I was sat in a bog standard Renault 5 Campus with a driver i used to do rallys with on a back country road and a Audi Quattro ur came up hard behind us so my drive put his foot down we left the Audi dead on the twisty bits and he came back to us on the straights SO no a Renault 5 campus is not faster than a Quattro ur it just had a better driver so the **** about I left a ****** in 1.1 ***** is bull. I have beaten Evo's and Subaru's in my 1.4 Nova BUT IT IS NOT FASTER THAN THAN THESE CARS is just they had bad drivers. Buy what make YOU smile the most END.:)

yer I understand that its just interesting to read other peoples opinions and experiences doesn't mean im going to be lead by anything they say, plus its always fun to see a debate turn in to a willy waving contest lol

phunkynova
18-03-14, 10:06 PM
I'll never give you advise again then lol

turbojolt
18-03-14, 10:12 PM
GOOD! lol

brainsnova
18-03-14, 10:57 PM
You've got to love the ep3 gearbox bearing noise and even new ones after 20,000 do the same lol

blue_peg_16v
18-03-14, 11:50 PM
Neither hyabusa powered rascal ftw lol

turbojolt
18-03-14, 11:55 PM
Neither hyabusa powered rascal ftw lol

show me the link for a 2k one and i will buy it lol

Rob H
19-03-14, 04:29 PM
Clio 148ft/lb
XE whatever 145ft/lb
EP3 143ft/lb..... Must be wrong though as it absolutely zero according to c20let rob.

lol mate try to avoid going full retard in the future. Neither the clio or nova weigh anywhere near 1200+ kg or have massive 17'' wheels. Your method of the civic has more bhp so its clearly faster couldn't be much more wrong. Power to weight ratio, unsprung weight etc etc, all these things will effect how a car performs. Consider this... XE nova lets say weighs around 700/800kg? and has 145ft pounds, ep3 weighs 1260ish and has 143 torques. The nova would feel like a big block v8 in comparison.

Lee H
19-03-14, 04:39 PM
Retard? You are the one saying it has 0 ft/lb so wouldn't move, now who's the retard?

Can't even be arsed arguing with someone who hasn't even owned one but lets just say no XE Nova is 700kg. Also never said a standard EP3 was faster, my lightly modded one was though. Said EP3 is a better car and I still stand by that.

ianb90
19-03-14, 05:00 PM
arguing on the internet is like participating in the special olympics.. even if you win your still a retard.
That said, EP3 is a better car all day long.

Benn
19-03-14, 05:18 PM
XE nova lets say weighs around 700/800kg?

Having weighted mine, i'd say most xe non stripped Novas are 900kg or there abouts.

Lee H
19-03-14, 05:22 PM
But this is an Internet argument Benn so no doubt we will be comparing a totally stripped, perspexed Nova to a full weight EP3 just to make it fair.

Rob H
19-03-14, 05:24 PM
I'm not arguing lol I was finding it amusing to be honest

The fact you thought I meant the car has literally no torque just shows the caliber of person i'm talking to. Gonna have to pull the plug on this i'm afraid mate. It breaks my number 1 rule of posting on forums. Don't converse with clueless fanboys lol.

Lee H
19-03-14, 05:28 PM
lol At clueless. Having owned a LET Nova for 12 years and about 6 XE Nova's/Corsa's I think I might have a clue but never mind.

Andy
19-03-14, 05:56 PM
such a class thread!

Graeme
19-03-14, 05:58 PM
I've been in all Lee's cars and his red xe was well the fastest lightening fast gear changes and xe rasp, well faster than that 250 bhp ep3, yet to go in the Barry boy silver one

Lee H
19-03-14, 06:04 PM
The Barry boy silver one is more LET Nova teritory but let's not go there.....

Graeme
19-03-14, 06:36 PM
When's this turbo mk3 going to be done, need to go out in that also

Lee H
19-03-14, 06:44 PM
Don't know mate, I'm clueless when it comes to cars you see!

Hopefully first fit of the engine on Saturday, see what needs cutting!

Graeme
19-03-14, 06:46 PM
What do you use for your weekly welding practice now the white one has gone?

Lee H
19-03-14, 06:51 PM
Nothing now, loving these new cars that don't rust. Bet you are too!

Graeme
19-03-14, 07:03 PM
200 bhp and 60 to the gallon is working for me at the moment, wish I'd of know about the fiat engine and box before I'd of bought one but then again my only other choice was a z20let

rich a
19-03-14, 07:08 PM
Thought id throw my bit in I had an ep3 7 year ago and now have a standard gsi. if your after a daily buy an ep3 although fuel economy is sh$t good fun all round but I don't think I would swap my gsi for one now. I like the nova for the fact u don't see them much an it gets far more attention than the ep3 seems like everyone has one. Also on track I would say the ep3 aint that great handling had mine around snetterton with one with full tdi north fast road set up an I left me in the bends but in the end its your choice

Mike
19-03-14, 07:45 PM
Don't converse with clueless fanboys lol.

I simply cant find a facepalm big enough....

700/800kg for a Nova with an XE motor, go on, tell me another one! Your funny lol

bazzap8389
19-03-14, 07:49 PM
I'd say 700s were easily possible if the car was on a huge diet.

Mike
19-03-14, 08:01 PM
I'd say 700s were easily possible if the car was on a huge diet.

Easily.

But that's not really the point. Altho comparing standard car to modified is completely pointless anyway....

Even if you compare the original Type R (EK9 @ 1000kg) 1.6 motor (185hp B16) to a Nova GSi.... well actually theres no competition there either so...

Sadly a lot of people hate Civics for what ever. Shame really, the Outlaw FWD Civic's in US are clocking high 7's @ 190+ mph.

bazzap8389
19-03-14, 08:05 PM
I know what you're getting at. Not really a honda fan but got to respect the ek9 type r, it's a cracking car for what it is.

Graeme
19-03-14, 08:38 PM
Ek's are where it's at

Lee H
19-03-14, 09:15 PM
Ek's are where it's at

Absolutely zero torque Graeme!

Rob H
20-03-14, 10:18 AM
I simply cant find a facepalm big enough....

700/800kg for a Nova with an XE motor, go on, tell me another one! Your funny lol

You forgot to update your profile location mate, it should read. Balls deep in Lee h.

But now seriously people i'm not even sure why everyone decided to have a go at me lol. Op asked for people's opinions and experiences with them the 2 cars. My experience is that ep3s are pretty slow, no torque for the amount of weight they are packing not literally no torque Lee. They handle ok but poorly compared to its main rivals. Thats pretty much what ive said and the reaction I got you'd think I was on the civic forum lol.

I'm sure ep3s is a great car if you ain't to bothered about a driving experience and just wanna poss etc as everyone apparently thinks there unreal.

Rob H
20-03-14, 10:19 AM
Double post.

scott.parker
20-03-14, 10:45 AM
ibtl lol

turbojolt
20-03-14, 11:08 AM
Fight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stuart
20-03-14, 02:31 PM
Maybe the issue taken is your very agressive attitude..... I mean, I'm warning up the infraction hammer lol

Graeme
20-03-14, 03:10 PM
Thread full of win

Edd
20-03-14, 03:11 PM
Maybe the issue taken is your very agressive attitude..... I mean, I'm warning up the infraction hammer lol

Oh no not the infraction hammer :roll: lol

Rob H
20-03-14, 03:17 PM
Everything i said in my initial post is true, then all of a sudden i get a load of people trying to rip the piss out of me lol. How would you react? I wouldn't stand for it IRL so why should i on the internet lol. Plus i wouldn't say i have been been aggressive at all tbh. If id of came out and said ''the ep3 is immense, best handling hatch back ever and whoaaa the speed of this thing.... is truly incredible'' that would deserve a slaying as its all complete BS.

Mike
20-03-14, 07:35 PM
You forgot to update your profile location mate, it should read. Balls deep in Lee h.

Real mature smoggy.

I too have been mincing about with various Jap cars for years, not just Novas. For an every day car to clock up 15k miles a year lets say, theres not a fcuking chance I entertain the idea of a Nova put it that way.

Edd
20-03-14, 07:46 PM
Mike I think by now everyone knows you hate nova's lol

Mike
20-03-14, 07:54 PM
Mike I think by now everyone knows you hate nova's lol

Don't hate them, just cant stand uneducated people if Im honest. Undisputed there brilliant around a track, but seriously, I daily driver?! Could you really see yourself doing your daily commute in a Nova? I do over 70 mile a day & around 25~30k miles a year. Not on your nelly would I want to do that in a Nova lol

The reason I no longer have a Nova, well I been there & done that & moved on.

Jack
21-03-14, 01:32 PM
Could you really see yourself doing your daily commute in a Nova?
Yes lol
and its sh!t!

Alex J
21-03-14, 02:50 PM
i like hondas, i like novas, i like clios, but im on here to talk **** about vauxhall novas, not rice burners..

Hobbit
21-03-14, 04:57 PM
Yes lol
and its sh!t!

you live about 3 miles from your work! lol

I certainly wouldn't have a nova as a daily. Wouldn't have a civic as a track day toy either.

craig green
21-03-14, 11:35 PM
Civic track toy? Why on earth not? great handling & revvy. Perfect.

Both cars in discussion here clearly have their merits, but the ideal scenario given these 2 cars is the Civic 1st as ticks most boxes a petrol head could require, but to have the XE Nova as a weekend toy/project would be to have your cake & eat it.
My fear would be that either would not be 'different' enough. So I'd sooner take something like a 320d beemer & the Nova.