PDA

View Full Version : Fuel not getting to cylinders

Iggy
11-03-14, 11:01 PM
Looking for some help, got a 1.0L nova. I'm getting no fuel to the cylinders, any ideas?

thanks in advance

mowgli
11-03-14, 11:09 PM
lift pump shot.
fuel line split
blockage in carb
cam not rotating

marc69
11-03-14, 11:16 PM
Fuel pump?

Take the air filter of and with the car switched off, take a torch, press the throttle stop and see if fuel is going down the carb.
If it isn't then here are some old school unpleasant methods probably not recommended and in no particular order.

Take the top half off the carb to see if fuel is in it. Be careful with the gaskets and if they break or look worn you may need new ones to reassemble although I have done this and been careful with the existing one.

Take the pipe off the fuel pump that comes from the tank, suck it and see if you get a mouth full of fuel, yes, then on to the pump, no, then it's back to the fuel lines/tank/breathers.

If fuel is coming through, take the other pipe off the pump and blow through it, is it blocked? If so then you will have to check the pipe, the filter in the carb and then all the bits of the carb.

With the in pipe attached to the pump, remove the out pipe that goes to the carb, get someone to crank the engine, fuel should come flying out, if not and there is fuel in the in pipe then the pump has gone but I have never had a mechnical fuel pump fail, (I have broken them!)

Like I said, it's just ideas.....byt first is to identify where the fuel is stopping.