PDA

View Full Version : engine cutting out under high boost..

Alex J
09-03-14, 06:11 PM
On my c20let it boosts fine at low psi, but when i flick the eds switch to high boost and nail it it cuts out like a rev limiter at around 4.5k rpm , and the eml light comes on, the light goes off and it drives normally after ive let off...do they have an over boost sensor or some sort of safe gaurd against it?? Its only set max to 15psi.. any ideas??

Will F
09-03-14, 06:54 PM
Sounds like Bo ost cut mate, although it shouldn't with the eds chips fitted! But if it's consistently cutting at 4500 then it's in limp mode for some reason... Get the codes a read...

Alex J
09-03-14, 07:11 PM
Its only doing it now and again, but not on standard 8psi, what cuts the boost? A knock sensor? Or a sensor?

nova_stee
09-03-14, 09:18 PM
Plugs

chrisd1986
09-03-14, 11:41 PM
Plugs

I think hes got rs turbo ones

Alex J
10-03-14, 07:36 AM
changed the plugs, they are rst ones, and ive gapped them correctly, its a managment issue of some sort, like an over boost problem, used to have a sensor on my old renaults that would make the engine cut out if it went over a certain psi, been looking over the net and heres what it could be lol

afm
spark plugs
coil
distributor
ecu
vacuum pipe
actuator
some thing in the distributor
blue coolent sensor plug
knock sensor

and the list goes on lol

do these engines have a map sensor??

Jack
10-03-14, 12:18 PM
Could be boost spike, is the gain set too high on the controller for the 'high' setting?