PDA

View Full Version : Twin 40's on an SRi ?

steve1434
03-03-14, 03:37 PM
Hi. I have some twin 40's and the idea of using them crossed my mind. I have fitted twin carbs to a carb vehicle before, but never to an injection engine.

Is it pretty straight forward? I understand I will need a fuel regulator as inj pump probably throws too much out - also my SRi doesn't have a dizzy cap, its got the block type dizzy.

I know most will say its not worth it, but I have the time and just 'want' to I guess to see what it brings.

Cheers

Steve

BRoadGhost
03-03-14, 07:14 PM
You're not too far away from me. There's bound to be mid - peak gains from this route, along with a slightly rougher low end.

Not having done exactly what you're asking, I'd have to guess it's a case of swapping cam carriers with a dizzy type (common as) then using a dizzy.

BTW if you see a blue nova with a grey graphic bonnet; that's me.

steve1434
03-03-14, 08:24 PM
Hi mate, did see the side of a blue on the other day heading towards farnham, but no photo so it didn't happen lol

Having done a bit of digging on the various forums it seems that if I use ITB's I don't have to change as much, but having never tried that sort of setup I will have to read up on it more.