PDA

View Full Version : 17's or 15's ???

tay
08-09-03, 08:36 PM
Since I've had all the engine done up in my SR (GTE engine, Head Work, Cam, Twin 40's etc) I've seriously been thinking about taking off the 17s and going for a smart set of 15s so I can slam the car on my AVO coilovers and not worry about the tyres hitting the arches whilst I'm ragging it around. Will probably keep the 17s as well though just in case I wanna swop back.

So what do ya reckon then lads - shall I go for the style or the handling ??

Tazzy
08-09-03, 09:15 PM
what type of driving do yuo like to do?

do you drive like a granny who cant see over the steering wheel, or do you like to put your foot down?

with the engine work, you obviously like the power, what about neither, and go for a set of 16s? that way, you get both!

locky
08-09-03, 10:07 PM
I would say 16's!

Neil.
08-09-03, 11:43 PM
well i think uve got a few choices, the money u would spend on another set of alloys u could get arch work done so they dont scrape at all wen u do wrag around and do u like ur wheel for looks or driving, if looks then 17's but if u want good speed and acceleration then 15's as they're the best, but if u want both go for 16's.

tay
09-09-03, 05:52 PM
I've got the front and back arches rolled so I dunno what else I can do to the arches. Don't really want them flared cos in my opinion it looks a bit pony. I might try and find a cheap second hand set of 15's and try em out as I've been told that they do make a big improvement in driving. I've been for style all along and I've always ragged the car rotten, just though i might have a change and slam it to the floor on a set of 15's and see how it handles !

NovaRoamer
09-09-03, 07:49 PM
I think if you do do that, it will surprise you! My m8 had a new clio on 17's that looked pretty good. He swapped them a couple a weeks ago for some proper renault 15's (or 16's - i can't remember) and it looks a bit more standard becuase of it. But he has some really nice tyres on it and he can now take corners at twice the speed and the tyres don't even squeal! The difference is unbelievable - and this is all before he has even lowered it.....

I know it's a different car, but the principals are still the same.

Neil.
10-09-03, 03:18 AM
yeah when i had my 15's on from the standard ones i noticed the difference hell of alot, plus my car was lowered with strut brace!

tay
10-09-03, 06:51 PM
So hows about 16's then would they be a good compromise ? Quite like the look of them speedline alessio 2s and they're 16's but i dunno if they sell them anymore cos they were ltd edition weren't they ?

NovaRoamer
10-09-03, 07:22 PM
I think they would be quite a good compromise. If you want to know more about the speedlines, maybe try asking bad_boy_nova cos I think he has just recently put the alessio 2's on his car! Worth a go... :wink: