PDA

View Full Version : counterfeit strawberries - the dissapointment of a lost soul

jimbob-mcgrew
28-02-14, 03:17 AM
I spotted some deep red strawberries in Tesco yesterday... im talking deep plum red, almost burgundy looking badboys, that looked good to go ! (of morrocan origin they were)
naturally I had to get them, as getting hold of good fruit these days is rarer than a nova spider with teddy bear rims (poor marshall had to cross 4 entire countries to find that damn thing).

I wouldn't go so far to say I was bouncing with excitement to eat them, but I was... lets say, pretty damn keen on getting them down my neck.

later that day, I tear open the lid (in animal mode - ready to eat the entire box to myself, nom-nom, homer simpson style and be satisfied by strawberry epic'ness) ... and shock horror, they don't taste of anything !!! ...... like..... less taste than Peckham tap water *gag*, or m25 oxygen in traffic *cough* .... I was almost furious ! I could have punched the dead skeleton of an Arabian camel.

Southie
28-02-14, 06:56 AM
How else do you think they get the flavouring for Evian strawberry water lol

You know what Evian backwards spells don't you lol everyone knows the best strawberries over here are when Wimbledon's on :d

nova_niek
28-02-14, 12:17 PM
how else do you think they get the flavouring for evian strawberry water lol
you know what evian backwards spells don't you lol everyone knows the best strawberries over here are when wimbledon's on :d

lol!!!

turbojolt
28-02-14, 12:24 PM
imported out of season fruit TASTELESS never!

:p

Jack
28-02-14, 02:39 PM
Most fruit and veg that looks good is pretty tasteless tbh, apples are the prime case on that one.

Stuart
28-02-14, 09:20 PM
And you are surprised because?

Southie
28-02-14, 09:40 PM
And you are surprised because?
You would have preferred juicy plums ;)