PDA

View Full Version : VSS - Speed Sensor

samb12
25-02-14, 07:04 PM
My Saloon has a c16xe conversion and it tends to stall now and then when pulling up to lights.....................i have been searching and the cause it seems is that the ecu is expecting a signal from the VSS............. i haven't had chance to have look if i have anything "screwed" into my gearbox with three cables on yet(12v igination,earth,signal think thats right) .......................... i will have a look at the weekend, is it hard to sourceone if i need one and does anyone have any information (lay-mans terms!) on fitting it or is it a bit of a ball ache?

Thanks for any help!

Regards Sam

chrisd1986
25-02-14, 09:01 PM
You can get them new still iirc, nova spi one is the one you want as you can run a speedo cable on it aswell

craig green
25-02-14, 11:40 PM
Try & find out which VSS is correct for the engine you have, they hace different 2-letter codes which dictate they give out a different amount of pulses. With the wrong type fitted you may still encounter stalling.

Southie
26-02-14, 06:54 AM
If yours is definitely a C16xe then you'll be fine with the SPI one that's got AA letters on it, that's what I ran for 5 years without problems.

AP or AT and AK are digi transducers that all give different pulse readings out so your car if running these will stall at junctions still... Not all the time but more frequently.

Too slow \/\/\/ lol

mk1nova_rich
26-02-14, 06:55 AM
You want the type marked 'AA' found on a Nova (and early Corsa) SPi as Chris pointed out

samb12
26-02-14, 05:40 PM
Ok thanks for the help, wheres best to get hold of one?