PDA

View Full Version : fault code test on a corsa c

turbojolt
24-02-14, 04:52 PM
my mate has a semi auto corsa c, its had a replacement engine fitted after he drove it through a flooded road :roll: but its got warning lights on the dash still

anyone know how to get the engine codes up on this car?

cheers

Andy
24-02-14, 04:53 PM
What warning lights?
A pedal test should bring up codes

turbojolt
24-02-14, 04:55 PM
gearbox warning apparently, I thought the pedal test involved the clutch?

Andy
24-02-14, 05:00 PM
pedal test is
with the car switched off,fully depress brake and acc pedals at same time.
Turn key to ign on keeping pedals down.
Either count the flashes of eml or the spanner light,or on later models a code flashes where the mileage display is.
The Gearbox warning say F? by any chance? That's usually an actuator fault on them

turbojolt
24-02-14, 05:07 PM
i haven't had a chance to see it yet, he popped round late last night asking me to come look today when he is back from work

i will let you know what happens with it mate, cheers for the help

Andy
24-02-14, 05:08 PM
What year and engine btw?

turbojolt
24-02-14, 06:47 PM
1200 and a 51 I think, just been round done the test which cleared the gearbox code?

so we bolted it all back together and while waiting for it to get up to temp the oil light kept flashing and eventually the another engine management light came on, done the test again (I will upload the video in a bit) he then drove it down the road and on the way back it started knocking very, very badly

so the engine was clearly a untested dud sold as sound, never mind

turbojolt
24-02-14, 06:53 PM
forgot to add the gearbox code was F before it disappeared

Andy
24-02-14, 08:37 PM
That does not sound good at all.
No oil pressure then the bottom end going by the description,id get back to the engine seller.

turbojolt
24-02-14, 08:39 PM
yer the engine was from a breakers so he is phoning them in the morning, he aint to happy as he spent his weekend fitting the dam thing but these things happen

ive offered to help him out this time round as between both of us we could do it in a day

maddogdaz666
25-02-14, 03:59 PM
They're one of the easiest engines to swap! They can be done easily within a short day, the father in law unbolts the inlet from the head and takes the engine up n out n drops the new one in and bolts the inlet manifold back on. Easiest way he says

turbojolt
27-02-14, 04:52 PM
anyone know if tue carpets are interchangble between the 3 and 5 door models?