PDA

View Full Version : x16xe fuel pump wiring

jimbob-mcgrew
20-02-14, 06:07 AM
Ive got the red/blue wire and 20amp fuse sorted.

do I need to wire in a relay for the pump, or does the ecu handle business itself ?

cheers :thumb:

chrisd1986
20-02-14, 10:04 AM
No relay needed mine runs directly fromm ecu to the pump

meritlover
20-02-14, 11:12 AM
No relay needed mine runs directly fromm ecu to the pump

?? 0_o

jimbob-mcgrew
20-02-14, 02:29 PM
what does that mean loverboy ? lol

you got any relays attached to your engine loom chris (if any) ? ... ive got wires all over the bloody place, looks worse than Hiroshima after the war

chrisd1986
20-02-14, 06:01 PM
Yes there is a purple one and a brown one but not sure on what they do but not unplugged them either to see oh and ive got a big 50a red fuse.
Mine could of been done better but I hate wiring so just done it and got the insulation tape out and its all hiddedn behind the glovebox

jimbob-mcgrew
20-02-14, 10:46 PM
purples for fuel pump I think ... I hope I haven't cut it out already ! :O

chrisd1986
20-02-14, 10:55 PM
No idea my fuel pump wire dosnt come from it. I just wired into the 9 pin plug and never cut any of the engine loom out

jimbob-mcgrew
20-02-14, 11:10 PM
also, 1 other thing... next to the ecu's 9 pin plug, theres a 3 pin plug too, with a green/black and 2 other wires... any idea what that's for as ive cut the wires ?

chrisd1986
20-02-14, 11:45 PM
I will have a look for you tomorrow bud I cant remember that on mine

jimbob-mcgrew
21-02-14, 12:23 AM
No idea my fuel pump wire dosnt come from it. I just wired into the 9 pin plug and never cut any of the engine loom out

the ecu must be linked to the relay somewhere, and probably does its thing in the background. I think the 9 pin plug is like the last link in the chain that just needs connecting.

I will have a look for you tomorrow bud I cant remember that on mine

cheers chris. I have a feeling one of them is for the fuel gauge or something important ?

chrisd1986
21-02-14, 12:34 AM
I ran the instruments on the dash off the nova loom I.e engine temp and fuel guage as Im running base spec clocks so still not sure on that plug just yet

Yes it is as thats were the ecu gets it power from and is the important one. Are you running x16xe or c16xe?

jimbob-mcgrew
21-02-14, 12:34 AM
I ran in like a crazed wilderbeast and started to 'south-east hackenslash' my way thru everything... ive pulled about 100 wires out already, and filled the spare wheel well up with wires, but the looms STILL ginormous, it all got a bit crazy, so I decided to snip the important bits out (ecu side, the transponder & the clocks) ... and tackle it some more, with the intention of just re-wiring what I need to keep at the end.

this is the first 16v mpi ive torn into hard like this, and it makes the 8v carb looms look like childs play lol

jimbob-mcgrew
21-02-14, 12:36 AM
x16 ... yeah its a little trickier in this tigra, as the vss sling-shots thru the clocks before going to the ecu

jimbob-mcgrew
21-02-14, 12:40 AM
it'll probably all unfold itself, and become clear, when ive removed another 100 wires :)

dgbnova#1
21-02-14, 12:41 AM
You hit it like a £4 an hour scrap yard 16 year old dident you lol

dgbnova#1
21-02-14, 12:44 AM
also, 1 other thing... next to the ecu's 9 pin plug, theres a 3 pin plug too, with a green/black and 2 other wires... any idea what that's for as ive cut the wires ?

What colour are the other wires

jimbob-mcgrew
21-02-14, 12:54 AM
You hit it like a £4 an hour scrap yard 16 year old dident you lol

lol .. I know it doesn't sound like it, but honestly, I was extremely careful with the old girl, tracking 1 wire at a time to its source :) .. I was just in a bit over my head I think. I think she'll get away with mild A&E instead of casualty lol

What colour are the other wires

im not 100% off the top of my head, but I remember them all being dark tho, possibly black/blue, black/green, and maybe black/red the last one, not 100% tho. need to scribble the colours down / take a pic too for reference

chrisd1986
21-02-14, 02:57 AM
It is simpler than you think tbh and coming from me it must be true as Im not a lover of wiring in any way shape or form, if I was there or had a few pics of what you have it would make it easier for me to help you

jimbob-mcgrew
22-02-14, 12:52 AM
yeah, the more I pull out, the better understanding I have of whats going on. studying the Haynes manual is a big help too, even if I cant understand half of the wiring diagrams, I get the general idea.

theres 2 purple relays in the tigra, one in the passenger footwell, next to the conglomerate crossover of wires, thats joined by 2 huge (100 odd wire) block connectors, and another tucked up next to the ecu.

after checking out the Haynes for info, it says its location is next to the ecu (numbered K38 or something), so I think im safe to ditch the other.

something that's crazy confusing is that theres 4 relays (god knows why ??) that control the fan/radiator/temp. control setup, (that's what it says in the Haynes anyway).
I wanna try and keep that feature, but the circuit looks a tad complex for my mortal brain, and ill probably screw something up. worse case scenario tho, I suppose I can do away with it all and run a switch for manual control, but then you have to stay on your toes checking the temp. gauge continually so might get annoying.

todays 2 hours on it was pretty good, I got a lot more out, and a better understanding of the car side loom. im slowly getting some confidence back that it will work again when the time comes. I have a battery charged now to test things tomorrow, so fingers crossed there isn't any short circuit fires, haha

chrisd1986
22-02-14, 11:13 AM
I dont do wiring diagrams so I cant help that way

ive got a purple relay and a brown one next to it so not sure what they do

as for the fan set up im running the original nova setup on mine

Good luck and I hope it works for you

dgbnova#1
22-02-14, 12:31 PM
As Chris said best use as much nova as possable just have the engine wired up on it's own just tie it in