PDA

View Full Version : bumper removal and fitting?

frog_southampton
08-09-03, 03:47 PM
would it be problem removing and refitting a bumper 2 another car if it was smoothed in to body work on 1st car??

Neil.
08-09-03, 11:48 PM
yes very hard, unless your not bothered about mess then u can do it, but when u take it off the car thats got it smoothed in you'll crack all the filler thats making it smooth, so ull have to sand it all down etc, but if u aint bothered then ull have to crack the filler b4 u take the bumper off.

frog_southampton
09-09-03, 10:48 PM
has anyone else ever attempted this?

Paul
09-09-03, 11:21 PM
NOva's obviously right. Never done it, but if its smooothed, in, its going to be fillered into bodywork. Filler will crack leaving donor car and donor bumper looking shite. Need sanding down to remove. Very long and tedious job i'd guess.

Paul
09-09-03, 11:22 PM
NOva's obviously right. Never done it, but if its smooothed, in, its going to be fillered into bodywork. Filler will crack leaving donor car and donor bumper looking shite. Need sanding down to remove. Very long and tedious job i'd guess.

frog_southampton
09-09-03, 11:43 PM
it doesnt matter about the car the bumper is comming off, its just the bumper that worried about

Ben
09-09-03, 11:50 PM
Frog was having a look at the bumper earlier, there is juts a few lumps of filler still attached as most stayed on the shell, could quite easily be sanded down.

frog_southampton
09-09-03, 11:52 PM
do u think would take long 2 sort it out and get it bak 2 normal?

Ben
09-09-03, 11:56 PM
10 minutes with a sanding block, i would do it but the bumper is to cheap to start messing about with :lol:

Neil.
10-09-03, 03:22 AM
so have u 2 got it sorted then? what about the car with the filler where it's cracked? is it getting resprayed? i could imagine it'll look a mess.
i was gonna have my bumpers smoothed in but thought if i need to take it off for any reason or it gets bumped then id have to crack the filler.