PDA

View Full Version : Astra mk4 XE 1.6 xel into Nova what parts need apart from obvious?

yankee
17-02-14, 03:53 PM
Hi all im a bit of a newbie to the nova scene, and was just wondering if anybody knows if this will work in a Nova as iv got one with no mot but a excellent engine 1.6XEL with the fuel return and fuel pressure regulater not the in tank pressure regulator. Will everything just change over or will the drive shafts have to be shortend being a lot less wider? I know i will have to put a pressurized fuel tank in. Any information would be much appreciated.

brainsnova
17-02-14, 04:01 PM
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?129462-*HOW-TO*-fit-a-Smallblock-XE-(1-4-1-6-16v)

dgbnova#1
17-02-14, 04:23 PM
Just use nova shafts job done
not sure about pressure In tank will just be an In tank pump I would guess so external pump or internal it don't matter

craig green
17-02-14, 05:41 PM
What about o/side engine mount? Does it exit from between the cam pully's on the engine? Probably makes sense to use an F13 box & flat fly wheel too.

dgbnova#1
17-02-14, 07:19 PM
The block is same as small block I think so once the power steering pumps off the bolt holes for the mount are there
box may need to run digi dash as engine will need a speed sendor and if the car had abs you prob not got one in that box best put some pick up of ares around gear linkage can check but you will need a black plug comeing out the box in that area