PDA

View Full Version : Urgent help please

SuperNovaTyler
10-02-14, 01:13 PM
I just tried to take off my mk2 dash to replace the front speakers but it became to much if a hassle so decided to put back together but in doing so, there is no power to the ignition can some one help

my heater works, the clock and the hazard switch but no ignition lights on dash or turning over

dgbnova#1
10-02-14, 02:32 PM
What's does is you can do them without taking the dash out I think just glovebox and clocks

sounds like you have pushed or pulled the black cap of the back of the ignition or the earth to the column or to the body above the radio

how far out did you get it and how carefully did do it

SuperNovaTyler
10-02-14, 02:54 PM
So you reckon it could just be an earth and that black cap at the back if ignition barrel was held on by electrical tape.???

SuperNovaTyler
10-02-14, 02:56 PM
And not vey far, got the clocks out and and steering column cover nothing major and as carful as possible just in case aha

dgbnova#1
10-02-14, 03:16 PM
Ok have u put the cover back on the column ?
if that cap is just taped on I would say that's ure problem
take off the bottom cover bet the cap had fallen out
if you re use that cap you need to cable tie it on but before you put the cover on check ignition works and take the cap off and look at the key shape end it may be chewed up and need replacing
It should be screwed into the colum so I would replace it if It was me there not expensive but a little tricky to fit

marc69
10-02-14, 04:26 PM
check the fuse,