PDA

View Full Version : 1.7TD Isuzu conversion - few q's

Johnny A
04-02-14, 11:26 PM
People who have been following my project thread will know I have bought burgo's estate and plan to add an Isuzu lump for a ecowarrior daily Nova. I would prefer a 1.7TD found in the Cav's and Astra3's mainly.

I have sourced a Nova O/S engine mount (the one that recedes into the chassis rail - I will beef up the chassis rail for this), a Nova TD coolant header tank, Nova TD radiator. Does this complete the list for unique parts specific to the TD Novas??

The plan for this is an FMIC, N/A inlet manifold, free flowing exhaust, cone air filter and 1 bar ish boost - what sort of power figures should I expect??

With the spec I have just mentioned do you think that Nova GTE shafts with Cav1.6 inner CV joints will to be up to the job?

I know wiring for these is simpler than that of an injected petrol engine, I know there is a single ignition positive for the fuel pump solenoid but that's where my knowledge ends for these! What other wires will I need to look at? Rev counter? coolant temp? Anything else?

:thumb:

dgbnova#1
05-02-14, 12:39 AM
Not my thing really but did know of one and he had engine
mount trouble until we added a front gearbox brace (from mk4 Astra 1.8) but think all similar that was a derv van to start
problem was it ripped mounts even new ones could just be his one though

burgo
05-02-14, 01:58 AM
Look into the fuel side of it john. Not sure if the tank is diesel specific and the lines and filter but may be able to use the astra stuff. You'll need thr glow plug circuit as well.

Southie
05-02-14, 06:43 AM
Some of your questions maybe answered in this old thread CLICKYME (http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?158924-fitting-an-isuzu-1-7td-into-a-petrol-nova)

jimbob-mcgrew
05-02-14, 10:12 AM
E-z00-z00

Johnny A
05-02-14, 10:48 AM
I think the engine mount point is well put, the 1.5TD mount is too weak for the torque so I will fabricate my own mount.

Burgo> The fuel system should be fine, carb tank with nylon feed and return lines will do the trick, relocate the fuel filter/housing to where it sits on the nova (fabricate a bracket up for that too)

Nice work on the link Southie :)

Balley
05-02-14, 01:02 PM
Have a look through my td project thread. I made a custom engine mount.

Johnny A
05-02-14, 05:27 PM
Have a look through my td project thread. I made a custom engine mount.

None of your older pics in that thread seem to work, but the later ones show a standard design.

Balley
05-02-14, 06:25 PM
It's a Astra engine mount (3 bolt) with a nova chassis leg mount modified to fit a solid metal elastic bush with a single m16 hole. Then I just connect the two with some 6mm plate and triangleation. Worked very well, never broke the bolts again, handle loads better as it was solid and stood about 130bhp.