PDA

View Full Version : c20let conversion parts list

steve1434
03-02-14, 04:12 PM
Hi all,

Been trolling the site to find whats required to convert an SRi to an LET. I have the info on brakes and suspension, but not much else. Does anyone have one or can someone knock up a list please?

I intend to get bits over the next few months so I can refurb/clean them up as I go and once I have it all, squeeze it all in :)

Thanks all

Steve

novatracker
03-02-14, 04:45 PM
alot of the same stuff as a xe like shafts, mounts, cooling pipe work, body mods but will also depend on what intercooler, spec of the engine and inlets you decide to use

steve1434
03-02-14, 06:14 PM
Thanks, there is a fair bit of info for xe conversion like :) Going to start with just a standard LET if possible mate

Benn
03-02-14, 06:15 PM
256mm disc and calier set up with good pads (min)
A good suspension set up.
Let engine (inc loom ecu and pipe work) and gear box.
Engine mounts (look at glueing them or going solid)
Drive shafts (you might want hubs and bits too)
FMIC and pipe work.
Somewhere to make the exhaust all fit/meetup.
oil and filter, cam belt and water pump and service bits. (do the cam belt and pump before fitting)

steve1434
03-02-14, 06:36 PM
I have read about upgraded hubs but doesn't mention if they are 'made' to fit or from a doner car, also whats the score with uprating/strengthening the drive shafts? Also am I right in thinking the shaft splines will be different?

Thanks for help so far :)

dgbnova#1
03-02-14, 06:51 PM
Up graded hubs use 2l cv joints on the outer shaft so stronger in theory there are a few designed ones about or conversion shafts that use standard outré cvs

steve1434
03-02-14, 10:32 PM
I see, making sense now. I see most seem weld the engine bay and some also use plates - I imagine that seem welding is sufficient for an XE but if I later plan to tune a LET, would the plate kit be essential or just a piece of mind?