PDA

View Full Version : Nova Respect

steve1434
31-01-14, 08:48 AM
Morning all,

It's been 7 years since I last had a Nova and I have been getting all sorts of waves and thumbs up around the Surrey area, 7 years ago that did not happen!!! Has the bad rep gone now? Not that I care about the rep as I love the Nova lol

Iain
31-01-14, 09:17 AM
Are the thumbs ups from Burberry wearing cider drinking scum?

Benn
31-01-14, 09:27 AM
I hardly see any Nova's on the road.. :(

steve1434
31-01-14, 11:28 AM
Haha first one was from a bloke in an s2000 then from normal folk in golfs etc, last one was in a massive range rover

Beano246
31-01-14, 11:52 AM
I have the same thing, 11years ago I had a GTE and rarely did anybody acknowledge it, now im in my standard saloon I get all sorts of attention, had a group of lads run over to me in a petrol station to ask about it the other week and the next day a guy, I'd say in his late 60s, stopped me in the supermarket car park and reminisced about his old cavaliers and nova he'd owned in the past.
I think its because ther are so few on the road in comparison to golfs etc from the same era.

millworm
31-01-14, 12:00 PM
Is been complimented on mine before, one guy said to me how nice it was and was having a good old chat then he saw the dent on the wing and said "oh it's not mint then" and just walked off lol

Beano246
31-01-14, 12:15 PM
Lol they aren't dents, they're character creases.

rich a
31-01-14, 12:42 PM
Same reaction in mine beano had several people come up an ask about it even a couple of bikers lol think the tag is slowly wearing off

Nova00
31-01-14, 12:52 PM
likewise
male / female
old/ young
but only from current/ previous owners

Morning all,

It's been 7 years since I last had a Nova and I have been getting all sorts of waves and thumbs up around the Surrey area, 7 years ago that did not happen!!! Has the bad rep gone now? Not that I care about the rep as I love the Nova lol

lee 16v
31-01-14, 02:04 PM
I love the fact people dont like my nova. But then when they see it they love it. And when I take them out in it they want one lol.

Rob H
31-01-14, 02:24 PM
Im forever getting into chats with randoms about my nova, usually in the petrol station when you open the boot to fill it up lol and often at traffic lights after a drive to 70 with someone.

common quotes are "fcuk me whats in that" or just simply "redtop?" lol. I normally like to reply "1 litre" if its something like a scooby and watch their face drop lol.

TeddyThom
31-01-14, 02:30 PM
I had an hours chat with some old bloke driving a pretty clean white mark 2 astra... Must have been quite a sight as I was filling up the nova!

scott.parker
31-01-14, 03:07 PM
Here's why i think it is, next time your in a car park like tesco etc take a good look around, i can guarantee you that you'll notice the oldest cars you will see go back to 01/02 plate, ive noticed since the scrappedge scheme the average age of cars is 05/07 plates, an entire generation of cars from around 1994 to 99-2000 got scrapped for that scheme, so anything older than 1994 is a rare sight on the roads, and with the age of the cars comes nostalgia etc, and now all the young kids are interested as they have no idea what the hell they are lol

And yes mine gets LOADS Of attention, especially in summer when its kept mint for show season.

Beano246
31-01-14, 07:53 PM
Totally agree with you scott.parker, I work at a vauxhall dealer and we had a sales woman from another branch come in, only around 21 years old and when she saw the nova ahe said " o thats nice... what is it? "
She is a bit ditsy to be fair though.

Also when you stand in a supermarket car park and see all the cars produced in the last 10 years or so they all look so generic, the older stuff stands out because it looks different.

tommy8252
31-01-14, 08:01 PM
Totally agree with you scott.parker, I work at a vauxhall dealer and we had a sales woman from another branch come in, only around 21 years old and when she saw the nova ahe said " o thats nice... what is it? "
She is a bit ditsy to be fair though.

Also when you stand in a supermarket car park and see all the cars produced in the last 10 years or so they all look so generic, the older stuff stands out because it looks different.

Pics of said saleswoman or your lying lol

I get a lot of attention for the nova, mainly people a bit confused about whether it's a nova or xr3i. (They're easily confused round here and the boot confuses them).

The cavs also get a lot of attention.

Beano246
31-01-14, 08:35 PM
Pics of said saleswoman or your lying lol

Lol Sorry no pics but its Hollie at Thurlow Nunn,
The nova she was looking at was C75 BEC nova sport, sorry if hes on here I cant remember his name, it was just before last years billing show.