PDA

View Full Version : Bloddy Subs

hotdogs_r_us
07-09-03, 02:23 PM
ok Here it is
2 12" Vibe Subs 500wattRMS each, powerd by a Legacy 890 amp.
The 6by9's are also powerd by the amp.

I rewired it all with 16AWG OFC wire and it all worked played for like 20secs.

then went of down the road hereing like a blowing noise like my exhust had a blow. But it was theamp/sub

Then all of a sudden the subs just went SOSOSOSO quite like there just baout alive.
So got up 2day Checked all me Conecters made sure they were Crimped well, and they were.
The 6by9s stil lwoprk and to the same high stanard so i thought its got to be the subs?

I Have only JUST put a FUSE on the battery wire running to the Disterbition Block.
So:
The power is ok
Earth is ok
Remote lead is ok coz the 6b9's are workin
So leaves the subs!

I ganna go to my mums as i have 2 10" subs there so see if they work if they do i kno its the subs.

Any one got any ideas ASAP i miss my bass

hotdogs_r_us
07-09-03, 02:44 PM
UPDATE:

When engine is off and its on u can sort or heard a tiny fuss from the 6by9s.
when u start engine u get this wissel noise and the higher u rev the higher it gets, its not a big nosie .
but when i turn the headunit off the nosie stops?
????
I have now Bridged the amp to the 6by9s and sound is way better so must mean subs have packed up?
But whats this noise?
Weird?

Neil.
07-09-03, 02:52 PM
CAUTION! this will either get deleted or moved into ICE forum, id do it yourself hot dog, admin wont like u using wrong forums.

epo
07-09-03, 08:40 PM
am runnin 2 amps in me car me 2nd 1 is a cheap 1 for me componants and it used 2 do the same it whistled i went 2 motor world and got a supreser which i plug me rca leads in2 then the leads from the supresser in2 the amp its not 100% but its a hell of a lot better

novaexplod
08-09-03, 07:35 PM
u could also try an alternator supressor as well cost bout 2 quid

epo
08-09-03, 07:40 PM
u could also try an alternator supressor as well cost bout 2 quid

i was told that wudnt work (dont ask me why tho was never told)

Ballsy
09-09-03, 09:08 PM
there both the same thing, the noice ur hearing is feedback from the alterntor so u need to get a suppressor

Ballsy

customnova
10-09-03, 12:38 AM
i got a suppressor but it didnt do a thing, it turned out to be a faulty amp, try borrowing a amp off some1 and test it out