PDA

View Full Version : update

gteben
20-01-14, 08:02 PM
I wonder when this forum will upgrade to mobile version so you can upload off your phone???
It seems its the only thing missing

pete17
20-01-14, 08:34 PM
i wonder when this forum will upgrade to mobile version so you can upload off your phone???

this!!!

Jack
20-01-14, 08:36 PM
The attachments option works Ok on my phone? (edit: Android 4.3 using both standard samsung browser and chrome)

Pistol Pete
20-01-14, 08:37 PM
lol I come on here more via my phone than laptop. Lazy arses.

Stuart
20-01-14, 08:41 PM
I wonder when this forum will upgrade to mobile version so you can upload off your phone???

You could always ask it in a more diplomatic way in the right place and it could be taken on board as something for the future........ Rather than simply complaining its not available.

bazzap8389
20-01-14, 08:42 PM
^^ snap, there's nothing I can't do on my phone that I do on my desktop?

Pistol Pete
20-01-14, 08:42 PM
lol people should know by now...Stuart tolerates no moaning, only the good type!!

dgbnova#1
20-01-14, 08:46 PM
lol people should know by now...Stuart tolerates no moaning, only the good type!!
Unless it's him ? lol

I do not use anything other than my phone

gteben
20-01-14, 09:17 PM
Lol well im sorry for freedom of speech there. Didnt mean to upset you. Ive got a s3 an had to download photo bucket just to uploadthe pictures. But without people getting on a high horse but I think its somethink that would be worth looking into.
Migweb have a app an simple to use. And if most the forum are using mobiles to view maybe a app is worth looking in to

Stuart
20-01-14, 09:20 PM
I'll get Kev to thing about somethink to do with it... ;) lol

ps don't hold your breath

gteben
20-01-14, 09:23 PM
Well I think ita worth a try in all fairness. But I guess its somethink the forum people have to agree on first

Stuart
20-01-14, 09:27 PM
I'm sure it will be useful, but its a time thing as it does take time to simply add stuff that other forums use..... Be patient and we will thing about somethink :p lol

gteben
20-01-14, 09:29 PM
Oh ill be patient lol I mean the next ice age aint for another what 50.000.000 years lmfao

Stuart
20-01-14, 09:33 PM
Only 50 years.... Damn we'll need to thing of a solution or somethink...:p

burgo
22-01-14, 02:12 AM
For as long as I can remember its been the case you have to upload on to photo bucket first. Why now we have smartphones does this have to change?

Jack
22-01-14, 12:40 PM
The attachments option works Ok on my phone? (edit: Android 4.3 using both standard samsung browser and chrome)
Ok, thats just an admin thing lol

It's nowt to do with being a mobile version or not, the forum as a whole doesn't allow attachments, and hasn't for as long as I can recall. This helps reduce server footprint and allows the site to run faster. Yeah it can be a bit of a pain uploading via a mobile, but its no different to coming from a desktop/laptop. Not sure about photobucket (iirc the mobile app is terrible) but I use the mobile web imgur on my phone and just as easy to use as the desktop site.

novaxe235
22-01-14, 07:39 PM
Stuart, you are somethink else!

burgo
22-01-14, 09:42 PM
Hows about the membership fee increases to the same £15 as mig to cover the larger server space needed? Still want it or want to use the free photobucket method which has been fine upto now?

novalew
22-01-14, 09:50 PM
Did png used to be 15?

gteben
22-01-14, 09:51 PM
Well I can not speak for everyone but im game for it in ways

Stuart
22-01-14, 10:41 PM
Thinging about it, I'd like somethink like a lady to come round and rub my penis for the membership fee...

SRimon
22-01-14, 10:54 PM
Tapatalk facility?

Stuart
22-01-14, 11:42 PM
No

dgbnova#1
22-01-14, 11:44 PM
No no that's just a nightmare on mobile I find

Stuart
22-01-14, 11:47 PM
Every Poxy forum you look on is shoving pop ups at you for using some gimpy (not free) app or another to use to view it... Yet the browser renders the forum fine and can interact fine.

Edd
23-01-14, 01:32 AM
Guess the OP didn't know your not allowed to make suggestions without getting ripped

Stuart
23-01-14, 07:26 AM
If it was atleast in the right place for the think to go in we could thing about it lol
lol this think and thing swap is hard work, how does the op manage it so well?

gteben
23-01-14, 10:34 AM
Right well I guess stuart in his ageing wisdom will keep mentioning the fact its in the wrong section...
and more then likely keep this going on about its in the wrong section.
But with you on about a lady rubbing your man hood well one she has to find it first.
but simple fact is and bottom line its a pain in the butt trying to upload pictures.
maybe I havent the right software I dont know . But its a samsung s3 so not too old of a phone.
I dont know but im guessing that a update for this site so makes it more easier for less smart people or shell i say
People who like to do things quick..

bazzap8389
23-01-14, 10:38 AM
I just use the photo bucket app from my phone for pics, I find it really quick prefer doing it from my phone rather then my laptop.

dgbnova#1
23-01-14, 10:49 AM
I changed to an iPhone from my htc and find it hard work on the app now, was not amazing on the htc but it's all over the place on iPhone
I think this is more the apps failing in my case as uploads are fine

Benn
23-01-14, 11:42 AM
I guess it's just me that HATES the mobile skin sh^te. I think they look crap and are worse to use.
What's up with the normal skin/site? Works perfect, looks nice and works just how you want it too.

Don't get me start with that sh*te tapatalk. What's up with the inbuilt browser? I use Chrome on my HTC, it's all linked to my pc to i have all my book marks and settings and stuff, has all my pass words so no signing in crap.

Every Poxy forum you look on is shoving pop ups at you for using some gimpy (not free) app or another to use to view it... Yet the browser renders the forum fine and can interact fine.

Annoying isn't it. More so when it doesn't work fully... Even if it is free.

Jack
23-01-14, 12:09 PM
I did look at updating the mobile skin on here a while back, but as with many things I've not had time to fidlde with it. Standard desktop skin does render Ok though on a mobile.

lee 16v
23-01-14, 01:04 PM
I dont see how its a pain to upload photos. I just email what I want to upload to my photo bucket. Then open my app and click the photo and the link copies, then past it where I want the photo. Not really that hard is it? Ok its not like facebook where you can upload it from your phone on to the page but its not that much effort is it? I think people are just getting lazy now days.

Stuart
23-01-14, 03:21 PM
Yes some sites have an upload facility... But they charge lots more due to the storage size needed etc. Who would like the membership fee raised purely to save 5seconds?

gteben
23-01-14, 03:54 PM
Yes some sites have an upload facility... But they charge lots more due to the storage size needed etc. Who would like the membership fee raised purely to save 5seconds?
well since you put it like that I mean 5seconds aint a hardship at work all day trying to upload piccys when in sainsburys is hard lol