PDA

View Full Version : Carriers for 236m Vented Discs/ATE Brake setup.

kbf71
17-01-14, 12:56 PM
Got the discs, pads, callipers... but the wrong carriers (i think). If anyone has a pair, let me know. I can even p/x for a 256mm setup! ;)

jimbob-mcgrew
17-01-14, 01:20 PM
what calipers you got mate ?
391 & 392 ?

236 x 20 (corsa sport type)

kbf71
17-01-14, 01:40 PM
Yes, thats the setup! Not at home to take pic, but I want the same setup that you wanted in a thread from years ago, to go down from 256mm to 236mm lol This pic is from that thread, it was the guy giving an example...

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l240/tooleater16v/null_zps3cbc77e5.jpg

you got any going spare?

jimbob-mcgrew
19-01-14, 02:00 AM
at the time of investigating where to get hold of some, I came to the conclusion that finding them separately wasn't going to be so easy, and it looked like the best option to get hold of the carriers, was going to be to buy the calipers complete with them.

due to a change in styling plans I bought a different set of wheels, which meant i wasn't restricted to the 236 anymore, so i gave up the search at that point, and logically i went for some larger stoppers instead.

a word of warning for those 236's - there not particularly good brakes for fast road, I would recommend something stronger personally. but if your restricted by wheel size and set on getting them, sets of calipers paired with the carriers sometimes pop up on ebay now and then.

theres a passenger side caliper with carrier on there at the moment, shame not both sides.

message mowgli, as he was breaking a corsa sport, and if your lucky, still has the brakes :thumb:

kbf71
19-01-14, 03:58 PM
Thanks jimbob :thumb: the 236 brakes are the largest we can have for stock hatch. I've know others running the 256's (including the guy I bought the car from!) but I'm not willing to risk it at scrutineering.

Could you pm me the link?