PDA

View Full Version : Revving and misfiring.

TonySR
12-01-14, 06:15 PM
So I put the battery to my nova (c14se) on charge last night and started it as I do every other month. It was running fine for 5 or so minutes and then starting revving itself between 2-3k rpm and misfiring and then almost stalling and kept doing this until I turned ignition off. Restarted and it did the same again.

Any ideas as to what it could be? Heater doesn't work on any of the 3 settings either.

millworm
12-01-14, 08:43 PM
When is it misfiring? When the revs start to drop? Checked idle control valve?

TonySR
12-01-14, 10:00 PM
Continuously... At idle and all through the rev range.

Will give the ICV a clean and report back.

TonySR
13-01-14, 05:49 PM
I cleaned the ICV up with carb cleaner but, it's still the same.

I check the ht leads for damp and sprayed each one with wd40 and as I pulled no.4 off the bit that grips the plug stayed on the plug so ordering a new set of leads and will go from there.

TonySR
15-01-14, 01:07 PM
Replaced the leads (misfire cured) and cleaned the ICV but still idling high? Not getting any faults on flashing either.

http://youtu.be/QVtKEJhsbog

millworm
15-01-14, 02:59 PM
Checked for a vacuum leak? And with the idle control valve check it's moving in and out with the ignition, push it in a little bit then turn it on.

jimbob-mcgrew
15-01-14, 10:10 PM
maybe some electrics may have got damp since you checked it last, 8 weeks ago ?

its has been pretty wet and miserable since then

TonySR
01-02-14, 04:26 PM
Sorted the high idle. Changed the ICV and still the same so started cleaning all the connecting plugs one by one... Was the air sensor plug (corroded) on the air filter pipe.

Heaters next, changed the fuse as that was blown and it popped again when switched to position III. So faulty switch I'm assuming?

millworm
01-02-14, 07:56 PM
Would say so mate, did you sort the misfiring?

TonySR
01-02-14, 11:08 PM
Yeah, was a dodgy lead on no.4.

jimbob-mcgrew
02-02-14, 12:05 AM
Heaters next, changed the fuse as that was blown and it popped again when switched to position III. So faulty switch I'm assuming?

might be something to do with those little resistors on each wire ?

or shorting on that line of the circuit, ive seen a few that were dead scabby, covered in corrosion and rust. might just need a good old scrubb with steel wool or sandpaper