PDA

View Full Version : floor carpet

gteben
07-01-14, 09:56 PM
I have gte and I can not stand the grey old carpet. Im after a black one. Does anyone know of a place
that can make one as I have no idea where to look on that one

Benn
07-01-14, 09:59 PM
Most people dye or paint it. Never seen any where that makes them sadly.

Johnny A
07-01-14, 10:04 PM
Is there some sort of dye that works on the fabric of a carpet?

Benn
07-01-14, 10:05 PM
Autogylm do a spray dye. Not tired it tho.

Southie
07-01-14, 10:07 PM
Matt black spray will do the job, get the carpet out the car though but buy quite a few tins to get a good covering.

Autoglym do a spray but never tried it and it will probably be dearer anyway.

Also where gloves ;)

Edit: loverboy bet me to part of this lol

gteben
08-01-14, 06:45 AM
Ok ill try that. And second question. Where would I get the seats re built an recovered
as the drivers seats is in a sorry state.
Third question me an my dad are very handy with metal. Problem ive got
I can not seem to find the parcel shelf boot support panels the ones that go all down the side covering the light
housing. We are looking into making them out of aluminium or fine gauge steel.
would I be right in thinking if you can not get the right parts anymore in fabricating your own parts
to keep a nova on the road. Rather then give up an scrap it or sell it bit by bit. I can never get the car
back to original anymore unless buying a gte an stripping that but I know if I purchased anothet one I wouldnt
have the heart to do it...

GDN16v
08-01-14, 12:17 PM
Ok ill try that. And second question. Where would I get the seats re built an recovered
as the drivers seats is in a sorry state.
Third question me an my dad are very handy with metal. Problem ive got
I can not seem to find the parcel shelf boot support panels the ones that go all down the side covering the light
housing. We are looking into making them out of aluminium or fine gauge steel.
would I be right in thinking if you can not get the right parts anymore in fabricating your own parts
to keep a nova on the road. Rather then give up an scrap it or sell it bit by bit. I can never get the car
back to original anymore unless buying a gte an stripping that but I know if I purchased anothet one I wouldnt
have the heart to do it...

Get a local seat trimmer to have a look at the seats to retrim them. Or try putting a wanted ad up for a better set - will be easier and probably alot cheaper.

Put a wanted ad up for the parcel shelf supports, some one will have a set lying about that they will sell you. :)

gteben
08-01-14, 05:00 PM
HI buddy I have done three times no luck . Parcel shelfs ive got three of them all broken an support shelfs wrong ones.
its like the white washers that holds the back seats in place an the centre clamp unit that holds the rear seat in place
im missing among other bits.. :(