PDA

View Full Version : Brakes not bleeding

millworm
05-01-14, 06:48 PM
I've installed a set of corsa 1.4 16v brakes on my hatch with braided hoses all round and now I can't get a pedal. I've tyres bleeding it conventionally and with an easy bleed but have had no luck. When I'm bleeding I get fluid out of all the nipples but two of the brakes are considerably better than the others and they're on the same line. The other two do have fluid coming out of them but nowhere near as my as the other two. The others have a slight pedal too but the others won't even lock up. Any help would be great as I love driving the other nova but it's slow as fook lol
cheers Charlie

mowgli
05-01-14, 07:03 PM
have you made sure the rear brakes are clean, serviced & adjusted up??

is there a leak?

oh, and obviously, are the calipers the right way up? (did someone sell you a rh & a lh caliper or 2 from the same side?? it has happened before)

ps. re the slow nova comment..simply drive faster & don't use the brakes.....lol

millworm
05-01-14, 07:08 PM
Rear brakes are fine, no leaks that I can see either and the calipers look fine too

brainsnova
05-01-14, 07:11 PM
Check the rear cylinders aren't leaking inside the drum

millworm
05-01-14, 07:49 PM
Will have another look but they're both new, and it's only been since the braided hose and calipers yesterday so find it hard to believe it'd be them

Novasport
05-01-14, 08:00 PM
Master cylinder is probably knackered. The seals inside go.
I lost one of the diagonal splits on the Sport a few years back when I was bleeding the brakes. The master cylinder was only a year old but it needed replacing again :(

millworm
05-01-14, 08:06 PM
Great look like I'm after an mc then, had two people tell me the same thing

Novasport
05-01-14, 08:10 PM
Luckily I had a new spare at home when mine went. Fitted the new one and it bled fine, got a pedal & it was sorted.

millworm
05-01-14, 08:24 PM
I have a spare but it's bolted onto my saloon lol, will have to go and harass the local motor factors for more nova bits

Novasport
05-01-14, 10:05 PM
If it is the original MC, there should be a two letter Ident number stamped ito it. Check for that before you try to get a replacement. I can check the part number for you if tell me what the Ident is

millworm
05-01-14, 10:23 PM
all the markings are as follows, 89, edl, 30/40 i think that's what the where anyway lol

MARTIN KELSON
06-01-14, 10:43 PM
You definitely got the callipers on the right sides?
make sure bleed nipple is at the top or they won't bleed.
you wouldn't be the first person to have them on wrong sides of the car.

millworm
07-01-14, 12:47 AM
Crap, there on the wrong sides lol but one bleeds fine? And one drum won't bleed either

brainsnova
07-01-14, 12:51 AM
Your ****in joking, that's 2 drains you have