PDA

View Full Version : Heko wind deflectors

millworm
03-01-14, 01:28 AM
About to snap the bloody things in half! really cheap quality and so brittle, just about enough left of this one to attempt fitting it again. anyone got a guide as to how to fit the things. I did get them on but my window wouldn't go up :mad:

Royston
03-01-14, 07:57 AM
Better fitting them when the weather is warmer (hot day), rubbers will be more flexible and will aid fitting.

tommy8252
03-01-14, 08:18 AM
When I've fitted them before I've put the back end in first with the forward edge against the door slope then gently bent the deflector until the front edge slots in.

Only ever snapped one being brutish on removal as they don't appear to be designed to fit and remove multiple times. (Much like flat pack furniture lol )

Iain
03-01-14, 08:29 AM
These ones just go at the top of the window right? You should barely have to flex them to get them in, just put the back in, then angle it to put the front, then straighten it up and push upwards

Calamity Josh
03-01-14, 09:23 AM
i had these things, drivers one just fell off one day and i ran it over -_- so if anyone needs a passanger one! :P

Edd
03-01-14, 09:35 AM
Easy to fit

Won't fall off if you fit the little metal clips

Iain
03-01-14, 09:49 AM
I lost a rear one on my 5 series, so if anyone also needs a drivers side rear E34 deflector... lol

I must be fitting the metal clips wrong as they are crap, all mine are siliconed in now.

millworm
03-01-14, 11:28 AM
Wi wait for some warmer weather to fit them then, at least I'm not on my own with my troubles then lol

Iain
03-01-14, 11:31 AM
Don't be daft waft a hairdryer on them if you're that worried lol

millworm
03-01-14, 11:40 AM
To be honest id rather leave them and hope I forget about them lol