PDA

View Full Version : Boot popper

millworm
31-12-13, 02:16 AM
Can a boot popper be wired into the original nova central locking system? If not there is an option for a boot popper in my alarm setup now, but the rest if the central locking is still original loom and solenoids so any idea how I'd have to fit it cheers

Benn
31-12-13, 01:00 PM
No, you need a add online box to control it. But even the cheapest alarms have them...
You can normally link the OE CL to the new alarm, by the box on the back of the under dash shelfs.

millworm
31-12-13, 02:43 PM
Ok I've already got an alarm and there is an option for a boot popper on it so all I need is a solenoid? I was just wondering if it would work of the oe central locking

Benn
02-01-14, 11:32 AM
Yep, just buy the pop kit. And yeah you should be able to link it to the OE locking.

Iain
02-01-14, 04:06 PM
The alarm will just give 12v or earth for a few seconds, so you just need something in the boot to move the rod and wire it in

The original CL stuff on the Nova is managed by a control unit and you won't be able to tap into that at all unless you want the boot to open every time you unlock the car lol

Johnny A
02-01-14, 05:30 PM
Through a relay! Don't wire up a boot popped directly to the alarm, most are only switchable at around 200ma lol

Damo
04-01-14, 10:30 AM
hi guys when wiring in standard cl loom to alarm how did you get around one side being a switch an the other a motor? as when connected only the pass door works with alarm button? can a motor be wired into the standard loom?

Damo.

Benn
04-01-14, 10:48 AM
I swapped them both to motors iirc. A motor will just plug straight in.

Damo
04-01-14, 11:59 AM
Benn so swopping my drivers door switch to a motor like the one from the passinger door will work as it should an open close from both doors?

Damo.

brainsnova
04-01-14, 12:54 PM
Yes if you swap the drivers switch for a solenoid it will work and getting the right one will still make it work with a key

Benn
04-01-14, 01:23 PM
That might work better^ as i'm unsure if fitting a switch one will still work on locking it with the key (why you would i'm unsure)

Novasport
04-01-14, 01:25 PM
Yes if you swap the drivers switch for a solenoid it will work and getting the right one will still make it work with a key

Anyone know which is the right one? Is there a genuine part that would do the trick.

Benn
04-01-14, 01:35 PM
Thinking about it i use a 2 wire solenoid from Maplin.

But if i push the lock button down on the door, it doesn't lock the pass door.

Iain
04-01-14, 08:25 PM
I'm sure you can't just swap it to a motor. You'd need to swap the sensor input wires to connect to the units output wires then connect the trigger (e.g. alarm) to the original input wires

millworm
04-01-14, 08:42 PM
Or install an alarm so they all work off the click of a button lol

Damo
04-01-14, 09:00 PM
Thats the idea millworm im looking into it to see if theres a simple way of doing it without routing wires back an forth.

Damo.

Iain
04-01-14, 10:55 PM
Do as I said above just need to swap 2 wires at the box to reuse the current wiring for the drivers side. Then tap the alarm into the old inputs

millworm
05-01-14, 01:14 AM
Thats the idea millworm im looking into it to see if theres a simple way of doing it without routing wires back an forth.

Damo.

I know the bloke who installed my alarm did say something about it

Damo
05-01-14, 09:11 AM
What colour wires will i need to swop iain any ideas? Ill still have to swop the switch in the drivers door tho wont i to a motor?

Damo.

Benn
05-01-14, 10:37 AM
Do as I said above just need to swap 2 wires at the box to reuse the current wiring for the drivers side. Then tap the alarm into the old inputs

See my alarm and my old one used the std wiring and all you did was connect in at the relay on the under dash shelf. So all i had to do was swap the door motor..