PDA

View Full Version : Which are the best replacement rear arches

Doug27
30-12-13, 08:43 PM
Last year we replaced a front wing with an aftermarket one, but had twist and bend it to make a good fit.

We've now got to replace one of the rear wheel arches.

Does anyone know of a good quality replacement rear wheel arch which is a good match to the original one.

Many thanks
Doug

Andy
30-12-13, 08:49 PM
The spurious repair parts are ok,best way is a full 1/4 panel but theyre considerably more expensive

shaunboy84
31-12-13, 12:39 AM
I have a full quarter , am in two minds what am going to do with it. Was thinking small repair panels or cut the full quarter off , decisions decisions ....

deneil_gsi2000
31-12-13, 08:30 AM
A well fitted repair panel is just as good as a quarter. Ive got a pair of cheap repair panels on mine and cant fault them.

Doug27
31-12-13, 09:07 AM
A well fitted repair panel is just as good as a quarter. Ive got a pair of cheap repair panels on mine and cant fault them.

We've seen a couple of different shape arches on ebay, one which has a number of 45 degree angles and I believe covers over part of the filler cap and another one which is flat across the top then curved at the front edge.

Is one better than the other?

Thanks
Doug

8valve-craig
31-12-13, 09:09 AM
I fitted cheapo arch repair panels to mine, as long as you take your time you shouldn't have a problem. The different shapes available should be irrelevant, as you will naturally trim them down and use only the bare minimum required.

Doug27
01-01-14, 10:03 AM
Thanks for the advice

Doug