PDA

View Full Version : Speed with Guy Martin

mk1nova_rich
29-12-13, 09:09 PM
Anyone watch it? (Channel 4 +1 now if you missed it

The lad is an absolute headcase lol good watch though, made a nice change from the same old ****e Christmas telly

Novaload_Nick
29-12-13, 09:12 PM
Loved it, guy is a head case for sure

John
29-12-13, 09:17 PM
Yep he's got a screw loose for sure. (the stoke accent makes me cringe lol not GM, the chap in the truck and the guy from rourkes)

phunkynova
29-12-13, 09:20 PM
100mph plus on a push bike :thumb: STAR

nova_stee
29-12-13, 09:22 PM
Guys a pure legend balls must be like ballons

Novasport
29-12-13, 09:25 PM
Was a good watch. He really is a character. When is the next episode?

mk1nova_rich
29-12-13, 10:07 PM
Was a good watch. He really is a character. When is the next episode?

I'm guessing same time next week but not 100%

novarally
31-12-13, 08:45 PM
Thanks for the tip-off on this one Rich, I don't have a TV so would have missed it otherwise.

Just watched it on 4OD on the laptop, absolutely brilliant, like everything Guy gets involved in.

Stuart
31-12-13, 08:54 PM
Not watched all of it, but is the basic idea that he gets towed to 100+mph and simply holds it there under his own steam for a few minutes?...... Not quite what I had in mind and less of an achievement IMHO lol

Edd
31-12-13, 08:59 PM
He then has to pedal to over 112 to break the record

Your always full of cheer and joy lol

novarally
31-12-13, 09:00 PM
Not watched all of it, but is the basic idea that he gets towed to 100+mph and simply holds it there under his own steam for a few minutes?...... Not quite what I had in mind and less of an achievement IMHO lol

In essence yes, but probably best to watch the whole thing as there's rather more to it. Not least the risk of dying.

Humorous clip from a previous TV programme of his, for those not familiar with him;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJj0UhujQJI

Stuart
31-12-13, 09:15 PM
Saw the back end step out on a trial run... I'm sure its an achievement but I would have thought peddling from a stand still would be more outstanding lol

BRoadGhost
31-12-13, 10:34 PM
That clip's funny as fcuk Colin & the push bike record was good.

No idea why they didn't go all out on that runway when they got 100+ just on a dummy run.

Alex J
01-01-14, 08:29 AM
best thing ive seen on telly over the xmas period, the rest has been dribble

deneil_gsi2000
01-01-14, 09:18 AM
I met guy Martin 2 years ago at the tt and even chatting for 1 minute while he signed an autograph was an experiance. He had a big mug of tea and as I handed him a poster to sign he splashed his brew on my jacket and said it'll be right boss. Probly the first of many spills today. Subsequently he hit the bail on the super stock in the next race lol

mowgli
01-01-14, 10:23 AM
Saw the back end step out on a trial run... I'm sure its an achievement but I would have thought peddling from a stand still would be more outstanding lol

I always view these things based on if I would try it or not.... thrashing down pendine sands on a bike following a racing truck is imho both brave & daft.

iirc they towed him to 50mph, and I'm guessing there are quite a few outtakes of him falling off...but to try to run that gearing & accelerate from 0-50 would have needed a couple more miles, which by the looks of it, they didn't have.

ben doodar
01-01-14, 10:41 AM
Yep he's got a screw loose for sure. (the stoke accent makes me cringe lol not GM, the chap in the truck and the guy from rourkes)

lmao John the stoke accent really has got to be one of the worst! I'm glad I don't have a strong stoke accent. Sounds terrible!
Brian rourkes the bike shop who built the bike is only 5-6 miles from where I live. I heard about them doing this project a while back as I know a lad who knows a lad who works there. Where was the guy with the racing truck from? That thing really was a piece of kit!

From what I made of it they towed him up to 60mph as the gearing on the bike was so high he'd of never got it going under his own steam. He cycled for over a minute doing 100mph that's some going IMO. Also the original record of 110mph was done on Tarmac n guy was doing it on sand which must have slowed him down some. I imagine he'd of smashed it if he had done it on Tarmac!!

BRoadGhost
01-01-14, 02:40 PM
Idd; has to be a stretch of tarmac longer than a mile he can use.

Maybe he should fly over to germany where there's that 3.6 mile arrow straight they did the Veron down & nail the 120+mph

mowgli
01-01-14, 03:16 PM
considering his tarmac runs were at Humberside airport, with a 1.4 mile runway & bruntingthorpe, with a 2 mile runway, you have to guess that pendine sands were chosen for the extra length, and in case he totalled it, the sand would be a little softer than tarmac.

garyc
01-01-14, 03:21 PM
It's a broad Lincolshire accent Guy has, not a Stoke one!

Stuart
01-01-14, 03:26 PM
considering his tarmac runs were at Humberside airport, with a 1.4 mile runway & bruntingthorpe, with a 2 mile runway, you have to guess that pendine sands were chosen for the extra length, and in case he totalled it, the sand would be a little softer than tarmac.

at much over 20mph I imagine the surface you hit is of irrelevance lol

mowgli
01-01-14, 03:32 PM
I've never heard of people getting sand embedded in their skin.. but I've seen road rash

John
01-01-14, 04:31 PM

???

ben doodar
01-01-14, 04:38 PM

Its not guy we're on about duck.

jonn
01-01-14, 05:05 PM
what a legend!

andybishop
01-01-14, 06:48 PM
Guy has a screw loose!! Crazy but very entertaining. Dave Jenkins the owner of the racing truck is from Stone.

John
01-01-14, 06:59 PM

Its not guy we're on about duck.

lol duck

Adam
01-01-14, 10:16 PM
Just lost him there....... lol /\
Guy Martin is a-mental, b-a legend. Top guy.