PDA

View Full Version : Saloon exhaust

millworm
28-12-13, 02:55 PM
What's needs to put an aftermarket back box on a saloon? As the back box is quite far back on the car? Do I need a bit of extra pipe? If anyone knows what size pipe I'd need that'd be great. Cheers charlie

chrisd1986
28-12-13, 06:34 PM
I dont know of anywhere that makes them unless you take the car there or you could get a mk1 hatch backbox and cut the tip off and weld in a tube to the desired length and weld the tip on the end

Jack
28-12-13, 07:53 PM
Saloon is exactly the same as a hatchback exhaust - only difference is the tailpipe is longer.

A hatchback rear box will fit, but exit under the rear bumper so be a bit noisy in the car. You could just get that extended though.

millworm
28-12-13, 08:19 PM
Thanks guys might just weld a cherry bomb on at an angle so it exits behind the rear wheel and see how it goes

scott.parker
28-12-13, 10:03 PM
Dont fit a cherry bom lol
Just get another back box cut and extended the pipe.

chrisd1986
28-12-13, 10:11 PM
Saloon is exactly the same as a hatchback exhaust - only difference is the tailpipe is longer.

A hatchback rear box will fit, but exit under the rear bumper so be a bit noisy in the car. You could just get that extended though.

What I was trying to say but was half asleep lol

millworm
28-12-13, 10:29 PM
Dont fit a cherry bom lol
Just get another back box cut and extended the pipe.

Will look around for somthing else but already got a full Sportex system in my hatch so not bothered about the exhaust on the loon

Alex J
29-12-13, 09:39 AM
there is a place here called pipe craft that will sort you out a cash deal on making you anything up you need..

millworm
29-12-13, 02:13 PM
How good and how cheap are they? Might be worth a drive?