PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Security

Chris LR
05-09-03, 05:36 PM
With the recent theft from outside my own house I've been thinking, and this is what I'm doing to the Landy.

Second Ignition System. So the one on steering colum is disconnected and left as a dummy. A second ignition barrel will be hidden within the cab. Anybody lucky enough to get the key off me will think it's a non-starter.

Kill switch behind a metal plate. A metal plate with bolt heads will be put against the firewall/dash using velcro/magnets. So you'll be able to rip it off and energise the fuel pump/etc. On the metal plate I'll mount a dummy switch for lights or something.

I was also thinking of a trick with the hazard lights, so they'll need to be turned off with a key, so if it is stolen they'll go down the road with them on and hopefully pulled.

All Easy Mods costing ?25 tops, very adaptable (to a Nova) and very hard to bypass.

Ben
05-09-03, 06:08 PM
Why have a separate ignition barrel, thats easier to find than an ignition switch.

Chris LR
05-09-03, 07:36 PM
But if you have a second one and hide it.....

And even if they find it, how are they going to get the the wires behind it? Bolt it into the Firewall/Bulkhead they'll never get it out.

Ste_Nova
06-09-03, 12:17 PM
apart from the fact LRs are piss easy to steal anyway... just live coil and put a spanner across the solenoid... we had to do this on our S2a cause the push start was rusted solid :lol: