PDA

View Full Version : c16xe engine

simmo 07
17-12-13, 08:42 PM
i have done a straight engine c16xe swap and it is not running right i have changed the cam and crank sensor and still it revs up to 4 thousand revs and will not give me any more it also judders when i plant my foot the floor straight away any ideas??? the last thing i can think of is the ecu but i have tried both of them and still the same out come.

Southie
17-12-13, 09:05 PM
i have done a straight engine c16xe swap and it is not running right i have changed the cam and crank sensor and still it revs up to 4 thousand revs and will not give me any more it also judders when i plant my foot the floor straight away any ideas??? the last thing i can think of is the ecu but i have tried both of them and still the same out come.

A few things to try:
any air leaks?
Have you flashed up any fault codes?
what airbox are you running? Standard??
AFM maybe at fault.
Crank sensor maybe faulty.
Cam sensor maybe faulty.

First do a fault code test and see if any codes come up.

simmo 07
18-12-13, 10:59 AM
not sure how to check for air leeks and fault codes as i dont have a diagnostic plug or a 10/16 pin. crank and cam sensor are genuine new parts. running a k&n filter.

mk1nova_rich
19-12-13, 10:39 PM
I would hazard a guess at an air leak - worth checking before the other things anyway

simmo 07
20-12-13, 04:00 PM
you sure it could be an air leak it seems like the limiter has dropped in some way because when i hit 4000 rpm its like it bounces off the limiter

simmo 07
06-01-14, 08:04 PM
anyone got any ideas still getting this problem its also getting harder and harder to start aswel

chrisd1986
06-01-14, 08:24 PM
Had same problem with my x16xe and it was low fuel pressure

novarally
06-01-14, 08:33 PM
Is it a 'proper' crank sensor? I appreciate it's new, but I had problems with a cheap EBAY crank sensor, and it was only solved by fitting a genuine part.

jimbob-mcgrew
07-01-14, 02:08 AM
Had same problem with my x16xe and it was low fuel pressure

how'd you fix that chris... a new regulator ?

jimbob-mcgrew
07-01-14, 02:10 AM
mine sounds like the crazy frog... its like keeerrb000m...pop pop... nnhhhh, keeeerrrbaaaanngg... pop pop... nnnnaaahhNNNNHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAA

Southie
07-01-14, 05:44 AM
mine sounds like the crazy frog... its like keeerrb000m...pop pop... nnhhhh, keeeerrrbaaaanngg... pop pop... nnnnaaahhNNNNHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAA
Try using some extra earth wires, I had a similar noise so ran an earth wire from the part on top of the alternator and added a length of wire direct to the earth in the battery.

The main earth near the inlet is prone to playing up so give it a good cleaning also ;)

Also check for air leaks on the throttlebody and airflow meter, and as Colin said the crank sensors are a bit bit and miss if bought of eBay, I bought mine from Autovaux and didn't have an issue though.

greene94
07-01-14, 05:39 PM
try the vacuum pipes

simmo 07
07-01-14, 05:50 PM
ok i will give that a go and the crank sensor was a genuine one from vauxhall but i have noticed one thing its still running a standard in tank fuel pump its not the external one but i had the same engine in there previous and that was running fine with that setup