PDA

View Full Version : Is this anything to worry about???

monty_trials
13-12-13, 10:23 PM
Guys
Had my nova SRI about 3 weeks now I did notice it not long after i bought it....But didnt think much of it as it runs PERFECT and never over heats!! But was doing a few things to it today and it caught my eye. So thought you helpful lot would tell me if i need to do anything about it??? :) :)

http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b499/monty_trials/novahead_zpsb8defcb0.jpg

deneil_gsi2000
13-12-13, 10:25 PM
New rocker gasket will sort that out mate

marc69
13-12-13, 10:26 PM
Is it oil or water? If it is oil you need to trace it, it could just be rocker gasket which is gone on mine and I haven't gotten round to replacing it yet but if it is the head gasket then get it done asap.

therealnovaboy
13-12-13, 10:50 PM
looks like too much instant gasket used between the cam carrier and the head. I cant remember exactly what it says in the haynes but that is too much.

when you fix it do the whole head set. problem solved

edit - is there even a rocker gasket fitted?

monty_trials
13-12-13, 10:53 PM
You know what you guys are ace!!!! When you said its a rocker cover I just noticed it was above the spark plugs, meaning its not a head issue!! I am a DUUURRR!!! lol but ye i will go the extra mile and see if anything is coming out of head :)

Not 100% what it is, it felt more like oil, but clear......i changed oil only 2 days ago tho. I am a bike mechanic more than cars, but is a rocker cover hard to do? Not done one before

therealnovaboy
13-12-13, 11:11 PM
give it a good clean then see where its coming from. you can get a new rocker gasket for about 4 quid and change it in 5 mins with a 10mm spanner.

if its the rocker/head join youll need a new head gasket,bolts, ect anyway and therfore better to buy a headset and change all the gaskets including the rocker gasket at the same time for £30. you might want to think about doing the belts at the same time depending gon the milage.

As i say clean it down and identify where its coming from. It could be the seal on the cap or o-ring on the distributer for all we know.

monty_trials
13-12-13, 11:43 PM
ok thanks.....i will clean it, then drive it a few miles and see where it comes from.......Then i will let you know what i see and with pics. THANKS GUYS really appreciate it :)