PDA

View Full Version : custom clutch advice?

bazil
13-12-13, 01:34 AM
Basically I'm looking for a bit of advice for a clutch setup

I will be using a big block box on a small block engine,
The friction plate on my E16 flywheel is 200mm so the easiest option would be a custom clutch and pressure plate rated for 300 bhp

Who would be able to supply or manufacture this? Kinda looking for companies that folk have delt with rather than random google search results.

The other option would be a custom flywheel to take a 228mm friction plate and cover but that would involve more cost for the uprated clutch kit and the custom fly so I dont realy want to go that route.

The research I have done points mostly to changing to a 18se or 20seh fly but they are only 220mm iirc, and not garunteed to be a pcd match for my crank

thegingerwhinger
13-12-13, 08:45 AM
Is there not a 1.7d flywheel you can use when doing this?

tommy8252
13-12-13, 11:01 AM
I'm sure there was a big block box - small block engine clutch setup for sale a week ago. Cant remember who was selling it (mieran i think) but sure they'd be able to shed some light on the setup.

Edit - yep mieran - http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?203459-C20XE-and-Nova-bits-clearout

Mieran
13-12-13, 11:26 AM
Cheers tommy but I doubt my clutch can cope with 300bhp

Bazil you better off ringing mardi gras motorsport and tell them you want a small block helix clutch with big block splines

Mieran
13-12-13, 11:28 AM
Or get in touch with vxlgsi on mig, he works at TTV and might be able to make you a big block flywheel with small block crank fitment

bazil
13-12-13, 03:14 PM
Is there not a 1.7d flywheel you can use when doing this?

I think you use the 17d one going the other way, big block engine to small block box ( seen a few F13's on XE's )

I'm sure there was a big block box - small block engine clutch setup for sale a week ago. Cant remember who was selling it (mieran i think) but sure they'd be able to shed some light on the setup.

Edit - yep mieran - http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?203459-C20XE-and-Nova-bits-clearout

Thanks for that :)

Cheers tommy but I doubt my clutch can cope with 300bhp

Bazil you better off ringing mardi gras motorsport and tell them you want a small block helix clutch with big block splines
Cheers mate :) your clutch wouldn't fit anyway as I need a 14 spline one, I shall give them a shout and see what they can do:thumb:

Mieran
14-12-13, 01:20 AM
Are u fitting a f28 or f16/18/20?

bazil
14-12-13, 02:57 AM
Probably F28,

Got one lying doing nothing, equal lenght shaft and conversion shafts and mounting kit too,

philip
14-12-13, 08:10 AM
Alex darcy fitted a 28 to his c16xe a while ba k. Worth dropping him a message on facebook.

bazil
14-12-13, 03:37 PM
Thanks Phillip,