PDA

View Full Version : Nova c20let heaters not blowing hot air

turbodrew1
12-12-13, 10:47 PM
Hi all, iv recently put a let in my nova, It used to be a 1.5 diesel and since iv done the conversion the heaters don't seem to work, I'm sure they worked before.

I have a full Roose hose kit so all the hoses are pretty much self explanatory as they are the right hoses for the kit.

As their is 2 matrix pipes on the bulkhead I have the hose from the water bar on the back of the engine goin to the left pipe and the hose that comes from the cylinder head to the right hand matrix pipe.

I'm sure they are the correct way round.

Any ideas anyone??

dgbnova#1
12-12-13, 11:07 PM
How long has it been converted?

Pipe should be rear of bar to lh side as u said and take off from head on Rh side of engine. Need to check both pipes are hot at matrix, and you have no air locks also check the return to the header tank is not blocked, have you connected the additional pipe from the astra/cav headertank or just blocked it up?

turbodrew1
12-12-13, 11:27 PM
I had both pipes off at the matrix tonight and the water that was in them was hot.

do you mean the hose that usually t-pieces into the front header tank hose?

turbodrew1
12-12-13, 11:28 PM
It's only done 60 miles since the conversion. It blows cold air so I'm guessing it's something simple. I hope anyway.

dgbnova#1
12-12-13, 11:39 PM
Yes pipe t into return from rad top hose?

I would say air lock if they were hot b4 and how did you run it up since you fitted the engine, and then after you just removed thé pipes?

turbodrew1
12-12-13, 11:52 PM
Yes pipe t into return from rad top hose?

I would say air lock if they were hot b4 and how did you run it up since you fitted the engine, and then after you just removed thé pipes?

Yes that pipe is their, although not t pieced as I have a bailey tank with extra outlet so I don't have to t piece it.
How do you mean run it up?

Also how would I go about sorting the air lock if it is that?

Thanks for your help.

dgbnova#1
13-12-13, 12:32 AM
Ok so run up is cold engine, header cap off internal fan on no2 setting, water to max level and start motor. Keep running like this till fans on rad kick in.
Or it bubbles over (this is air lock trying to clear)
Let it cool a little/ stop bubbles top up put cap on and run again its not set in stone but this is what I do.

Also check that when you rev engine, water should pump from the pipes at top of ure Bailey, check all pipes are running free

turbodrew1
13-12-13, 07:48 AM
Ok so run up is cold engine, header cap off internal fan on no2 setting, water to max level and start motor. Keep running like this till fans on rad kick in.
Let it cool a little/ stop bubbles top up put cap on and run again its not set in stone but this is what I do.

Also check that when you rev engine, water should pump from the pipes at top of ure Bailey, check all pipes are running free

I'll get on to that at the weekend, thanks a lot.

turbodrew1
15-12-13, 10:28 PM

Ok, so I ran it up cold a little bit earlier, I never got up to temperature where the fan would kick in, almost but the water started overflowing.

Is this the air lock clearing or is that just because the waters boiling now?

dgbnova#1
15-12-13, 10:43 PM
Yep let it cool a bit and try again with the cap on till the engine bay fan kicks in but keep an eye on the gague don't cook it if it looks like it will hit the red turn it off cool down and do again, have u changed the thermostat?

turbodrew1
15-12-13, 10:48 PM
I did put a new thermostat in during the build. Is it possible it's been put in wrong?

dgbnova#1
15-12-13, 11:23 PM
Possably but it would still open just take a while. Need to run it a few times also check the fan is working and if possible check the switch

turbodrew1
15-12-13, 11:33 PM
Possably but it would still open just take a while. Need to run it a few times also check the fan is working and if possible check the switch

The fan is working but I will check again, I'll also try running it up from cold again and see how I get on.

thanks for your help.