PDA

View Full Version : Nova Sport C970EMK - Does anyone know where it is now?

NovaSport1985
10-12-13, 07:47 PM
Hi,

Following on from B99LCD's thread which managed to find my car, I thought I would try to locate C970EMK. This sport used to belong to my friend and was the reason I ended up purchasing mine. There was an interesting story with this car which I will post later.

Does anyone know if it survived? Looking at the DVLA site it doesn't look like it did as it is not SORN'ed and was last licensed in 2001.

Thanks

Tony

chrisd1986
10-12-13, 07:55 PM
Any idea were it wen when it was sold as I know my mate wrote a sport off and scrapped it around that time

NovaSport1985
10-12-13, 11:36 PM
Not sure, I will check with my mate. I remember going with him to buy it, and we were surprised to find it didn't have 40's or the sport back box. My mate still bought it because it was a very clean one owner from new car, but the middle aged couple we bought it from didn't know anything about the carbs or the exhaust. I wonder how many other kits were not fitted?

We fitted a set of 40's supplied and jetted by a company called 'Opposite Lock' in Leyton. I can remember the old boy who owned it coming out of his shop, asking different questions about how the car ran, changing the jets and then sending you off for another test drive until it was right! No rolling roads here!

NovaSport1985
10-12-13, 11:47 PM
Also we never managed to get hold of an airbox so the car ran K&N's (I think), four branch manifold and a full system. The carbs were not the correct Sport ones, just normal 40's without the advance/retard takeoff.

The whole setup worked really well and I can remember a race with a 'new' Nova GTE on the dual carriageway just after we fitted the carbs - needless to say, we won.

A11VXL
10-12-13, 11:49 PM
Where abouts did you buy the car from, as I bought a complete nova sport pack from a man who had had them removed from his wife's car after 2 weeks of poor running and dire economy, he was based in the Milton Keynes area.

NovaSport1985
10-12-13, 11:58 PM
It came from Chigwell, near Grange Hill tube station but I don't know if it had always been there. I will have a chat with my mate and see if he can remember when he bought/sold it etc.