PDA

View Full Version : Rebuilt z16/e16se engine oil

Andy
07-12-13, 11:23 AM
In the closing stages of putting my grasser engine back together after an engine rebuild.
E16se head with new stem seals,valves relapped in etc
z16se bottom end with new piston rings.
As its not a road car,running in could be a slight issue hahaha,most grass lads just kick their balls in from the word go apparently?
Which oil should I use on this engine to suit the conditions?/while its "running in" (can hardly race a whole season at half throttle LOL) Ie small 5mins oval races,not leaving 2nd?
Cheers

philip
07-12-13, 12:42 PM
Just throw some millers running in oil in. And tbh you can get away with giving it stick from out the box. Ive ran engines in on the RR and been ran in in a couple hours.

Andy
07-12-13, 01:22 PM
Cheers mate.

Spudly
07-12-13, 01:24 PM
Or you could construct a hill-billy style rolling road in the garden and sit in it for a few hours lol

Andy
08-12-13, 05:08 PM
no johnathan,no lol
Il just limit the thing lol

mk1nova_rich
08-12-13, 05:17 PM
Just rag it round the estate a few times, I'm sure nobody will bat an eyelid lollol

Andy
08-12-13, 05:22 PM
they will round here,hahahaha
I could probs get away with towing it to a private road not far from here where I go running but I dunno how long id last before the helicopter would be out and me making a guest appearance on traffic cops hahaha

mowgli
08-12-13, 06:30 PM
i'll just get ready to be shot down here..........

running in is something that used to happen in the 70's cos engines were so shyte the manufacturers conned the owners to not exceed certain revs till the warranty period was over....

once it has run to full temperature, that is all the running in it needs.

ok, change the oil after its initial run if you want, but the filter will catch any crap... so, if anything, swap the filter.

now I expect to be told i'm wrong etc.... but i'm working on real life experience..

I've rebuilt diesels, petrols, & 2 strokes for work & they have never ever been run in, simply worked. idling an engine is pretty much the worst thing it can do..

oh & use something like a 20w 50 oil for racing, if its still got hydraulic tappets

deneil_gsi2000
08-12-13, 08:46 PM
1500 revs for 2 minutes. And then on the limiter up the street. Job done lol

Andy
08-12-13, 09:05 PM
1500 revs for 2 minutes. And then on the limiter up the street. Job done lol
my kinda response lol lol lol

mk1nova_rich
08-12-13, 09:15 PM
they will round here,hahahaha
I could probs get away with towing it to a private road not far from here where I go running but I dunno how long id last before the helicopter would be out and me making a guest appearance on traffic cops hahaha

Everyone has use of private road lol didn't DJ Wudgey have one from Donny all the way to Santa Pod?! lol

Andy
08-12-13, 09:17 PM
Everyone has use of private road lol didn't DJ Wudgey have one from Donny all the way to Santa Pod?! lol
dj wudjeh had one all the way round his head matey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!
lol