PDA

View Full Version : Safe-Stop shuts down car engines with radio pulse

pie
03-12-13, 09:27 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-25197786

Benn
03-12-13, 09:55 PM
Loads of stuff like that out there... But it takes years and years to get anywhere and the cost is huge. Look at the cars that will park themselves. What 1 manufacturer does it and only on top spec models.

millworm
03-12-13, 09:58 PM
much safer solution to spike strips but would also fry the cars electronics if it works how i think it does

Rage
04-12-13, 08:03 AM
love the comment that "Certainly if you took a 1960s Land Rover, there's a good chance you're not going to stop it," lol wouldn't stop my novavan then lol how many ways can i wind the police up with this then lol.

so from the first fast and furious having shown a projectile version of this they have now managed to make a radar version. think the f&f projectile version is safer as they state they don't know if this system is harmfull to pacemakers and the f&f version would be mobile and target specfic

Jack
04-12-13, 12:25 PM
Great work, now all we need is joyriders/terrorists/nutters to drive everywhere at 15mph...

Spudly
04-12-13, 02:27 PM
Basically theyre hitting the car with an EMP, why dont they just scale down miniature warheads and nuke the terrorists and joyriders, much safer and you can do it at any speed, not just 15mph lol