PDA

View Full Version : Heartbroken

DUNOVA.
05-09-03, 12:35 AM
Going round town tonight and police were everywhere so I was being extra careful.Anyway I stop at a set of lights what were red the police stop behind me and for some reason I just started driving while the lights were red,three points and a 60 pound fine.Plus a 50 pound bet I have with my sister for being the first one to get points on my licence.Turned out to be a pretty expensive nite.

Alex
05-09-03, 12:38 AM
a typical time where police are causing a danger. Same as how everyone suddenly breaks when they see a police car or speed camera, regardless if they are speeding or not.
Gutted for you

Ben
05-09-03, 12:45 AM
That was harsh :!:

edit:

Thats not including the 10% your insurance will go up, also if you get another 3 points you will be banned as i believe your still in your first two years.

steve-o
05-09-03, 01:07 AM
gutted

Gobby
05-09-03, 02:04 AM
It's always the way, drive carefully and they'll get you for something.

Fly around the roads up here on a motorbike that a scrappy would refuse to take, and the old bill will never catch you.

DUNOVA.
05-09-03, 10:07 AM
Cheers guys.Is it the first year if you get 6 points on your licence you lose it or is it 2 years?

Lee H
05-09-03, 10:12 AM
2 years mate

adam2472
05-09-03, 01:25 PM
unlucky m8,.,

remember once wehn pigs were behind me wen driving.. was bit sketcy as me speedo wasnt working.. didnt wana drive to fast but not to slow neither!

wisewood
05-09-03, 01:53 PM
just make sure you are VERY careful from nhow on or it'll be back to the cattle truck for you my friend.

(my affectionate name for the bus).

?Marty?
05-09-03, 03:08 PM
It's always the way, drive carefully and they'll get you for something.

And you would consider driving through a red light
for some reason as driving carefully!?

Serves you right.

'Oooooh, i for some reason drove into a child and killed him'.

And if you have to stamp on the brakes just from seeing a police car (whether you're speeding or not) all that can mean is that you're either:

a) actually speeding; or
b)not aware of what speed you actually are travelling at.

Either way, it makes you a crap driver.

Seeing a police car deosn't make me drive in any way diferent to seeing any orther car and etc. Unless it has sirens/lights going and etc, in which case you act accordingly.

Ben
05-09-03, 03:19 PM
I get paranoid just walking down the road and see a policeman, if one drives up my street i jump the fence and hide in the woods- Paranoia :!:

DUNOVA.
05-09-03, 04:44 PM
And you would consider driving through a red light for some reason as driving carefull,

We all make mistakes!

Either way, it makes you a crap driver.

Check out Britains best driver>So I don't suppose you make any mistakes in your first year of driving

SKoob
05-09-03, 04:47 PM
at the end of the day, i find the police presence daunting. This is due to them wanting to meet their quotas, i wud expect that had the police not been there you wouldn't of done what you did, but becasue they were there thats all u cud think about :( , thats the way they work i'm afraid, they will find something to do you for if they want to at the end of the day. :roll:

Gazza14SR
05-09-03, 06:15 PM
ya wanna watch it now mate cuz another 3 and ya liscence is revoked and talking from experience ya dont wanna do that at all, just think of: money for lessons, theory test again, paying for the test itself, insurance increasment and the time it takes to pass again. i even know acouple of people who have lost their jobs because they cant drive to work etc. Its alot of money for a silly moment of madness.

Anyway, chin up, not the end of the world :wink:

Jules
05-09-03, 09:40 PM
I once heard that the police use a snooker ball scoring system for cars they pull over
Red car = 1 point
Yellow car = 2 points
Green car = 3 points
etc etc etc.
Didn't think too much of it but thinking back,
My first car: Red mini
Pulled quite a lot, thought it was cos I was young
My second car: Red Nova SR
Pulled loads, again thought it was cos I was young and it was modded
My third car:
Purple 1967 VW Beetle, Pulled once I think when some pissed woman walked in to the side of my car and the police had ME in court for it for reckless driving - thrown out by the court (Damn right aswell!!)
My fourth car:
BLACK Nova SR, Pulled loads and loads (Black = 7 points)
My current car:
Silver Nova GSi, Pulled once for my 'motorbike letters on car plates' number plates, changed 'em for a fortnight, put 'em back on not been pulled since (Over 2 years of having the car).

So, how many points is a silver snooker ball worth? Exactly!!!
:wink:

Beano
05-09-03, 10:26 PM
If ur determined to get points on ur license (for some reason :lol: ), get them before you actually hav ur license.

u learn not to do retarded things, and they cant take wot u aint got...worked 4 me and a mate, downside is i have 6 points when i insure my 1st car! :oops: nightmare!

DUNOVA.
07-09-03, 01:39 PM
My cars silver only been pulled about three times since last december so it ain't pretty bad compared to a most of me mates that have been pulled loads.

blingmachine
07-09-03, 04:01 PM
in the year and a half that i've been driving i have never been pulled. :D Considering my cars fully modded and i have ilegal plates and window tints (limo Black) i think thats quite impressive. espeshly as im only 18 and drive a BMW (whilst the novas away)

Anton
08-09-03, 11:27 AM
unlucky mate