PDA

View Full Version : XE Motors, What is the difference?

wwinstanley
28-11-13, 08:54 AM
Does anyone know the difference, if any, between the C14XE, X14XE AND Z14XE motors?
Will be upgrading to a 14XE but need to know which is the better, apparently the triangular ported head is best to go for but any advice is welcome!

philip
28-11-13, 09:06 AM
What you planning to actually do with the engine? Just sbd claim the triangular port head of the xel is better.......still yet to see a car using them in the rallying side. You havent really given any info for why the upgrade, what your using car for, power you want etc. Guve us more info and will help out not a problem

scott.parker
28-11-13, 12:09 PM
Phil might seem a bit blunt, but he knows his ****..

philip
28-11-13, 03:00 PM
:( im not a **** honest haha

cheers scott :)

wwinstanley
29-11-13, 08:38 AM
Haha,
Will be using it for stage rallying, as an upgrade to my 1300 motor. I will start off with the basics like cams, arp bolts, and will be running on twin 40s. But will be upgrading as and when i can. Would like it to still be quite torquey but have a better top end than my current 1300 if possible.
Reason i was thinking the triangular ported engine is because if it is allegedly the best then i will be starting off with a good base.
As long as i can get it in the car with a few basic bits and bobs done to it so that is is actually an upgrade to my current engine then the rest of the tuning can be done slowly whenever.
Cheers for any info! :thumb:

philip
29-11-13, 10:01 PM
Drop me a pm with your fb profile link and you will see some heads im doing for some rally lads 14 and 1600s...give you some ideas of way to spend money worth while.