PDA

View Full Version : running problems

silk violet
27-11-13, 11:56 AM
hi there i have a mk 2 gsi 20xe and it has been stood for about 3years and i have replace pretty much most parts on the car and finally started it the other day and finally let it tick over to warm up and it revs up on spot fine but as soon as you you pull away it dies down and struggles to pull away but as soon as i dip the clutch and rev it its great and revs straight away but i try and pull away again and it wont accelerate hard....???

millworm
27-11-13, 11:59 AM
Sounds like poor fuel pressure

silk violet
27-11-13, 02:32 PM
ok cheers...

chrisd1986
27-11-13, 02:41 PM
Sounds like poor fuel pressure

Like the man said, ive had this problem before

silk violet
27-11-13, 07:26 PM
i know you said its fuel pressureand dont wanna sound stupid but what parts do i have to replace to sort fuel pressure problem...???

Johnny A
27-11-13, 07:57 PM
i know you said its fuel pressureand dont wanna sound stupid but what parts do i have to replace to sort fuel pressure problem...???

The part(s) of the fuel system at fault lol

silk violet
28-11-13, 10:03 PM
i found today that the fuel regulator has a small patch of what looks like liquid metal on the side of it would this make any difference....???

millworm
28-11-13, 10:38 PM
Might be worth replacing

silk violet
29-11-13, 06:31 PM
i only have a 3.0bar type as a spare fuel pressure regulator and not a 2.5bar which is what is on the car at the mo will this be ok to use as a replacement to see if this is the problem....???

millworm
29-11-13, 06:56 PM
It should be fine mate just to test

chrisd1986
29-11-13, 08:09 PM
Could be also check for any leaks, kinked or dameged lines or you could have a worn pump or the problem I had a tank that was rotted inside which blocked the pickup causing the same issue

silk violet
29-11-13, 08:47 PM
its had a brand new fuel tank and rubber pipes that come off it and complete 8mm copper fuel lines from front of car to rear....??

chrisd1986
29-11-13, 09:18 PM
its had a brand new fuel tank and rubber pipes that come off it and complete 8mm copper fuel lines from front of car to rear....??

Ok just ruling out possibilities, was it a gen or spurious tank? And I would try the fpr by th sounds of it there has be a bodge which has just failed

silk violet
29-11-13, 09:26 PM
the fuel tank was brand new from a company called ATP on ebay from germany... and thats what im tryin to do rule out diff things...???

chrisd1986
29-11-13, 10:22 PM
Try th fuel reg and see how you get on, and nust double check that there are no kinks

silk violet
30-11-13, 05:46 PM
will do mate and i,ll let ya know...

silk violet
02-12-13, 04:23 PM
hiya peeps i tried my 3.0bar fuel pressure regulator on it today and still exactly the same so took spark plugs out and had a look at them and they are black sooted ...?? ANY SUGGSTIONS !!!!!!!! also what spark plugs do people use and recommend ( DENSO, NGK, AC DELCO, CHAMPION... ???

silk violet
03-12-13, 11:18 AM
Help please!!!!!!!

Vausey
17-12-13, 01:18 AM
Flash for codes pal got the same problem with mine waiting for a new crank sensor to try that out

silk violet
16-03-14, 03:42 PM
HI YA PEEPS.... i,m still having same issue i,ve replaced fuel tank, rubber pipes, copper lines, mass airflow sensor, tried a diff set of injectors, new spark plugs, i,ve also replaced the fuel relay fuse but i have wired the fuel pump on a switch perm to battery as when i connect it to the main wiring loom fuel pump does'nt work also i do think it could be fuel pump not pushing out enough pressure ...?? i do have another engine wiring loom as a spare if i want to replace but just trying to rule out others first...? any suggestions would be really appreciated

silk violet
17-03-14, 12:24 PM
hi ya peeps.... I,m still having same issue i,ve replaced fuel tank, rubber pipes, copper lines, mass airflow sensor, tried a diff set of injectors, new spark plugs, i,ve also replaced the fuel relay fuse but i have wired the fuel pump on a switch perm to battery as when i connect it to the main wiring loom fuel pump does'nt work also i do think it could be fuel pump not pushing out enough pressure ...?? I do have another engine wiring loom as a spare if i want to replace but just trying to rule out others first...? Any suggestions would be really appreciated

please help !!!!!!!!!

silk violet
23-03-14, 04:22 PM
please help !!!!!!!!!

please help as im pulling my hair out....

Novaload_Nick
23-03-14, 06:28 PM
Take the throttle body off and clean all it's passage ways, check all the earths are clean and secure (fuel rail earths and gearbox earth), fuel filter clogged?

novacarl92
04-04-14, 06:11 PM
having the same prob with the same engine have you sorted yours out silk?

silk violet
05-04-14, 08:29 AM
Novacarl92 no I think I might have found out what it is but gotta try the weekend I have 2 seperate fuel relay fuses and gonna try the second 1..?

Novasport
05-04-14, 08:40 AM
Did it have a new tank recently or before you put it away 3 years ago? Has it got fresh fuel in it? Have you replaced the filter?

silk violet
05-04-14, 11:07 AM
Yeah I put the new tank on recently and yeah its had fresh fuel and a new filter... plus it's over fueling really bad brand new plugs are black..?

novacarl92
10-04-14, 06:55 PM
Novacarl92 no I think I might have found out what it is but gotta try the weekend I have 2 seperate fuel relay fuses and gonna try the second 1..?

silk when you find out what yours is will you let me no please as it is driving me mad as I am sure I have tried everything thankyou

silk violet
19-04-14, 08:48 PM
Alright novacarl92 I found out what the problem was with my car... it was the fuel relay on mine there is 2 so I replaced both of them....?? Or you may have. Cut in the engine loom for fuel relay....