PDA

View Full Version : how do you remove windscreen

will699
24-11-13, 10:06 PM
Hi I need to take my windscreen out as some ding bat broke it anyways just wondering the the best way to do this with put damaging the rubber

Will F
25-11-13, 08:39 AM
If its already broken - smash it out! lol
To to it properly - all you need are two flat blad screw drivers and some patience... you need to ease the seal out from the inside and 'slide' it over to the outside of the car inch by inch...

chrisd1986
25-11-13, 10:30 AM
Stick a blanket on the bonnet and use your feet

will699
25-11-13, 01:09 PM
Ok cheers are they easy too put back in?

chrisd1986
25-11-13, 02:07 PM
Yes if you do the rope trick, if you have a search on YouTube im sure there will be a guide on there

Martin.p
25-11-13, 05:57 PM
When putting it in or out, plan to finish where the centre mirror is! NOT on a corner.
I broke mine getting it out. So can't really comment. But when fitting it I fitted the rubber seal around the glass then sat it in the car opening. Located the bottom. (And with 2 people) I laid a bit of cored around the grove in the rubber. (Across the top and down both sides.
Then while one person pushes the glass in (not to hard) the person inside pulls the cords little bit each side at a time.
Good luck. :)

will699
25-11-13, 09:23 PM
Ok cheers for that fella will have a play this weekend:thumb:

dgbnova#1
25-11-13, 09:46 PM
As Martin said good strong string under bottom edge of rubber up sides and cross over at the top a good 6 - 8 " then put the bottom in try to locate properly, then a little pressure on outside from a helpful assistant and draw the string down so the rubber comes instead. Do accross top and down one side then accross top and down other side then along bottom last just get ure helper to keep pressure on as pulling the string can push the screen out. You can put washing up liquid on the rubber inside face also helps to slide in not needed but its easyer imo just a smear with ure finger