PDA

View Full Version : Insignia Rear Pads

amggsi
19-11-13, 02:43 PM
Don't really want to sign up to another forum just to ask one question, so does anyone know if Insignia rear pads are a DIY job, or are they like Passats with an electronic handbrake, and need a computer to wind the caliper back?

Cheers

Benn
19-11-13, 02:53 PM
Elec hand brake or not?

Far as i've seen looking at my dads (has a elec handbrake) caliper just has wind back pistons (done with a tool)

amggsi
19-11-13, 02:58 PM
Elec hand brake or not?

Far as i've seen looking at my dads (has a elec handbrake) caliper just has wind back pistons (done with a tool)

Yes, electric handbrake. As far as I've seen online it doesn't need a computer, but a local mechanic (looking ££?) says it does! Haven't actually seen the car myself yet.

Benn
19-11-13, 03:22 PM
Looking at my dads i don't think they do. But haven't taken them apart so cant be 110% sure.

deneil_gsi2000
19-11-13, 08:01 PM
Just wind it back mate no diag tool needed

Rage
20-11-13, 08:42 PM
be very cautious of the handbrake self operating as those calipers are not cheap and nether are your fingers. that is the bit that the diagnostics is needed for to tell the car that you are working on it and not to operate the handbrake.

burgo
22-11-13, 06:58 AM
be very cautious of the handbrake self operating as those calipers are not cheap and nether are your fingers. that is the bit that the diagnostics is needed for to tell the car that you are working on it and not to operate the handbrake.

Just disconnect the battery. Like to see it apply itself then!

chris gsi
22-11-13, 07:18 AM
They are simple to do just wind the pistons back you will need a tool for doing it but you don't need to plug any computer in and I have never heard of a insignia operating the handbrake on its own when changing pads