PDA

View Full Version : Four branch manifolds

DevonDave
16-11-13, 08:55 PM
Hello all, new on here, I have had a look about the previous threads.
Can anyone tell me if four branch manifolds are all 4-1? Or if anyone has seen/used 4-2-1?
for vauxhall nova 1600 8v.
Any info good or bad would be great.

I know the advantages of both but on all my other builds (RWD) I used 4-2-1.
cheers

paul james
16-11-13, 09:09 PM
4-2-1 manifolds do exist, but they are rare to find, took a while for me to get hold of one. Do you have the standard gte/gsi manifold with twin downpipe already? might be worth sticking with that if you do. I initally replaced my SR manifold with a 4-1 and wasn't impressed with it, so decided to swap again.

DevonDave
16-11-13, 09:21 PM
Thanks for your reply, so you wasn't happy with the 4-1 and went back to a standard item.
i'll keep looking did stumble across mild steel group A 4-2-1 but can't find the site again.
wasn't cheap of I remember right to.
cheers again

paul james
16-11-13, 09:35 PM
I would have gone back to a standard twin downpipe manifold as the 4-1 seemed more restrict the engine more to me, but I managed to find a 4-2-1 on ebay first. Its a Lexmaul one I believe, I'm happy with it. Probably no real performance benefit over the standard SR manifold set up, but I imagine it weighs a fair bit less than the cast iron original and looks better too.

DevonDave
16-11-13, 09:40 PM
Will have a look into that thanks,
The can was missing manifold and a couple other bits when I got it.

Timmy
19-11-13, 11:18 PM
Standard 4 2 1 system are very good unless you find a good after market one but are pretty rare I think I have a spare if your interested