PDA

View Full Version : digi dash

so1o
04-09-03, 02:29 PM
was having a look in my garage which is a total mess and surprise surprise i found a 16v digi dash theres two plugs on the back, a black plug and white plug, each with about 2 inches of wire.im wondering in my nova gte, will it be dificult to fit in?does it go straight in or take a bit of messing about?can u plz lemme know how to take the old one out, cant seem to see any screws or anything to take the old one out.

thanks

ps. possible tech forum?

Ben
04-09-03, 02:32 PM
ps. possible tech forum?

:wink:

Alex
04-09-03, 02:32 PM
can be done
www.vauxnova.co.uk
has the wireing diagram[/url]

geordie_racer
04-09-03, 04:05 PM
u got the transducer?

so1o
05-09-03, 05:42 AM
yup got the tranducer

geordie_racer
05-09-03, 02:42 PM
are you fittin it to a mk1 or mk2 dashboard? as the mk1 is an absolute bitch to do n id highly recommend fitting a mk2 dash 1st

Will
05-09-03, 03:22 PM
yes abt mk1 dash

its a gte so i think it will be mk1 dash unless hes already changed it?

Dan part of the admin team has a mk1 dash with digi dash fook knows how much chopping around that he did mind but it can be done...................

personally im not the biggest fan allthough they have grown on me a bit of recent

what i have found is when me and CP were walking round donny, every fooker had a digi dash made it look as if it was a standard feature of a nova! lmfao

Ben
05-09-03, 03:25 PM
personally im not the biggest fan allthough they have grown on me a bit of recent

what i have found is when me and CP were walking round donny, every fooker had a digi dash made it look as if it was a standard feature of a nova! lmfao

My thoughts on them exactly, i think they look dated and a bit boring now.

so1o
06-09-03, 05:47 AM
its a mk1 dash, only reason why i want it in is so i can tell what my speed is when i hit 130mph+ my old old one runs out at that and the revs go higher then on the dash to.

its lying there gathering dust so may aswell use it.

geordie_racer
06-09-03, 09:52 AM
well b warned its not a difficult job but it is a proper fcuk on as u have 2 get a cavalier surround and cut ur dash 2 fit. imo it's easier 2 fit a mk2 dash while ur doin it especially as i no where there's a cheap 1 goin.

chris

so1o
06-09-03, 01:24 PM
i will put a mk 2 dash but not yet, havent got the time.why do i need the cav surround?

geordie_racer
06-09-03, 02:45 PM
thats wot they state in the guide for fittin a digi dash 2 a mk1 dash think it's on www.nova-land.com under how 2's.

but wot u shud do is buy my mk2 dash for ?25 + p+p and fit it all together take half a day at most.

chris

so1o
07-09-03, 02:55 PM
id love to buy it mate but really not interested, got my eye on a gsi that i can get really cheap so wont make no sense buying this.thanks anyway