PDA

View Full Version : c16xe engine

simmo 07
06-11-13, 01:00 PM
im looking for a good condition and reasonable mileage c16xe engine don't need wiring loom or box and will collect up to 50 miles from sa31 otherwise willing to post to me money waiting thanks

Southie
06-11-13, 09:05 PM
im looking for a good condition and reasonable mileage c16xe engine don't need wiring loom or box and will collect up to 50 miles from sa31 otherwise willing to post to me money waiting thanks
Why a C16xe? If you've the c16xe wiring loom it's just as easy to fit a X16xel.

Id be fitting a Mantzel style powerbox also to it if I was you, unless your fitting throttlebodies but then you'd need other management to run them.

simmo 07
06-11-13, 09:35 PM
ive already got an engine but weren't sure if the loom would match a x16xe and ive already got a mantzel powerbox on it but i need a new engine because its high mileage and its running really badly and the head needs doing so its cheaper to get a better engine and it will be better in the long run to

Southie
06-11-13, 10:40 PM
ive already got an engine but weren't sure if the loom would match a x16xe and ive already got a mantzel powerbox on it but i need a new engine because its high mileage and its running really badly and the head needs doing so its cheaper to get a better engine and it will be better in the long run to
That's why I said get a X16xel which were in the astras and vectras, seeing as you've got the non transponder setup then the later XEL is the better option IMO due to the early corsa engines being pretty much obsolete to get hold of ;)

If you've got the blue and red ecu then you've a early non transponder.

simmo 07
07-11-13, 10:04 AM
ok thanks its good to know abit more information and yea i know the early corsa engines are hard to come by these days ill start searching for one of them engines then so will XEL fit straight to my wiring loom or will i have to get the ecu for that engine for it to run and im not sure about my ecu i will have a look when i get the car back thanks for all the info

simmo 07
07-11-13, 10:09 AM
i know this is probably a stupid question but all the mounts are the same on the engine as i am fitting it in my nova

mk1nova_rich
07-11-13, 10:23 AM
Yes you just use standard Nova mounts

philip
07-11-13, 11:12 AM
C16xe would of been worse than your current engine as there older. Tbh unless building something half decent. You wouldnt notice gains between the c16 and x14/16 heads.

simmo 07
07-11-13, 11:30 AM
c16xe is the engine i got but i need to replace it as the milage is to high and its running terrible but i dont want to go into the hassle of changing the wiring loom aswel

simmo 07
07-11-13, 01:30 PM
got an engine gonna collect it later this week