PDA

View Full Version : Small Block Info

Nova Joyed
28-10-13, 08:07 PM
Hi,

I am fairly new to the forum and am hoping someone can help me with the below.

Are the cylinder blocks identical between the c14se and the x14xe small block engines? The reason for asking is that my Nova will be used for sprints and hillclimbs when complete and the regulations for the class that I want to compete in state that the engine block must be externally identical to one originally fitted to that type of vehicle (heads are free). Ideally I want to use a x14xe 16valve engine to be competitive in the class. Any help gratefully received.

Thanks
Dan

flatout618
28-10-13, 08:54 PM
Im not sure where the compression difference in the SE compared to the XE comes from the head or the block. I have a feeling it could be the block is slightly different ie bore/stroke. May be worth checking in a data book to have a look at the data.
If you find out let me know :)

Nova Joyed
30-10-13, 08:31 PM
Thanks for the info. I think you are right the increase in compression is due to the pistons / rods.

I will update once I find for certain.

_Jake
30-10-13, 09:04 PM
Externally they are basically the same. as far as i know bore/stroke is the same across the board for 1400's.

dgbnova#1
30-10-13, 09:28 PM
Prob best to get the class info and post it up here would make it easyer to help 16 and 14 blocks look the same so if you can you could use the."x16xe if that's allowed

philip
31-10-13, 12:57 AM
Dan - where are you from? Someone local may have block/s to compare? I know rods for 14 +16 are the same length but bore on 14 is 77mm iirc and 79mm on 1.6s. Cant think of the stroke off top of my head though.