PDA

View Full Version : Redtop with x20se block?

joey17
26-10-13, 04:49 PM
Hello lads, just bought a redtop engine in bits, only thing that was done was the head and block where together, so today I decided to start putting it together, so I put inlet on and cams and everything on, then I went to fit the crank pulley and the usual redtop crank pulley that was in the box of bits is too big for the crank. There was another there that fitted on but did not have a woodruff (spelling) key in it, plus it was al lot smaller than the redtop one. Does anyone know about using this bottom end and has anyone used it before, I've had a lot of redtops and never seen one with this block before which I understand is a frontera 8v bottom end, if any one has any info on this can they let me know before I decide to give the lad the engine back or atleast try and get some money back for another bottom end, cheers joe

chrisd1986
26-10-13, 04:58 PM
Ive seen people use the x20xev bottom end with a c20xe head before and ive seen a c20xe bottom pulley re drilled to suit the x20xev before now so it would fit into a nova

deneil_gsi2000
27-10-13, 02:08 AM
I'm pretty sure the oil ways are different